Pearls and Smokey Quartz

beadweaver

Hi, I wanted to show something I made today. Some freshwater pearls and some gemstones..smokey quartz. I love a classic strand of pearls but sometimes a little flash is fun too.

Attachments

• lotus2.jpg
    lotus2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 35
Hi Renee
I'd love to see more pictures that show the details of the quartz triplets I love the rhythmic pattern of the pearls.

Sure thing! I was going to put something between the heart brios but I found they need to be tight against each other to clump. I also wanted to knot between each pearl but I couldn't go back through the brios, the holes were too small. Check out the beautiful faceting behind the table of the center pendant.

Attachments

• briopairs.jpg
    briopairs.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 44
  • lotus3.jpg
    lotus3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 44
Ah, so the brios are on thread. The first picture looked like it was wire. The cut of the smokey quartz is fantastic! Really nice luster on the Cfwp's.

Beautiful necklace and earrings Renee! Is the necklace choker length? How does it lay on your neck?

Hi Donna, I made this necklace really long, I need to measure it, but I can put it over my head without undoing the clasp. I would call it a short opera length. I think the large pendant called for it....to lay nice. I also like to be able to look at it., that's part of the pleasure of wearing it.

Very cool. It sounds like lots of fun to wear!

Beautiful..... okay, I haven't pestered about this for a while.... a neck shot, please??

The earrings are really special. The quartz is a nice touch for a new twist on pearls! I'd love to see ear as well as neck shots.

ACK! I now know why there seems to be a reluctance for neck shots, I had to coax my daughter into taking these pictures and she took one picture and there you go. No finding the best one. LOL My ears are really not that red.... sheesh.
I love the length of this necklace.

Attachments

• P1010761.jpg
    P1010761.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 52
  • P1010770.jpg
    P1010770.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 35
Beautiful job, and lovely results!

I love this particular kind of dangle, with a bead of something covering part of the earlobe. I find as I get older that the hook dangles just aren't flattering any more (sniff).

Last edited:
They're even prettier on you! ;)

I've been more than a little distracted over the past 6 wks or so... missed the neck shot completely until today!

Beadweaver - those pearls look fantastic on you.... perfect colours! And thank you for obliging with the photo.. much appreciated!

Back