pearls and gems (pic thread)

Sueki, you posted all of my "most favourite" pieces from your website! The pink pearls and moonstones are gentle and lovely, but the sapphire beads in the other pieces are truly exquisite.

Sarah, the spinel and pearls look beautiful together - again, a very gentle effect - maybe because of the colour of the akoyas? Lovely, lovely..

Sarah, I don't usually like yellows but I do like that necklace a lot - the different components really do work together rather than just being together.
You have to be careful with tassels and dangles- one long and two short for example.....

Such lovely stuff..

Not sure a "little old charm bracelet" belongs here amongst teh regal stuff... Here is my forst attempt charm bracelet. The fillers between the charms are Pearls with a faceted amethyst. enjoy....

Attachments

• SUC52390.jpg
    SUC52390.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 42
  • SUC52391.JPG
    SUC52391.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 42
You have to be careful with tassels and dangles- one long and two short for example.....
Wendy, you are a hoot! I finally got it!!! Yes, I snorted, too!!

Ash, love the gems with the charms, really dresses it up! Is that a little prayer box or wish box I see? So many adorable charms, too!

I'm trying to get back to my gems and pearls. I bought some really great tourmaline in NYC and keep saying I'm going to post it, but time is not on my side. Sarah I am actually in the process of making a necklace with a mixed spinel strand and pearl drops, sort of a mirrored opposite of what you did. Here are a couple of my this summers. I tend to use more gems with pearl WoWs in the middle, but I am going to be doing more mixing now that I have more to play with.
The first is Kamoka keshis with garnets & 14k beads. I love the way garnets work with pearls, although I'm not crazy about them by themselves.
The second is yellow Thai sapphires with a Tahitian and a South Seas. Sorry if you've already seen that one.
The third is a really bad shot of small fresh waters, apatite and vermeil beads. The apatite is absolutely Hawaiian tropic sea blue, but I couldn't get it right and over-manipulated the photo. Or my skin is worse than I though.t :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 0_0.09_0_0.05_150_174_csupload_384045_large.jpg
    0_0.09_0_0.05_150_174_csupload_384045_large.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 44
  • cukesh.jpg
    cukesh.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 45
  • yellowsaph.jpg
    yellowsaph.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 43
  • apatite.jpg
    apatite.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 42
Wow. This forum has so many talented members: Pearl_dreams, Satine, Pattye, Waimeamomi, Caitlin, Sarah and so many more. I hope to string and wrap in the future. I tried wrapping some dangle FW earrings. They look allright, but I am not really thrilled about my skills. I really don't want to show the shoddy works of my FW earrings. But practice makes perfect. I will post one day when I get better. You all are my inspiration to practice more.

Waimeamomi, I love the garnet spacers with the keishis. I'm with you on garnets by themselves-- they seem to work better as spacers. In many of my bead stands, 2mm garnets (or 2mm g.f. or silver balls) take the place of knots in giving the necklace flexibility.)

Hanaleimom, practice with craft wire, (like silver tone copper). Then mistakes don't cost you much of anything and practicing is fun.

Wendy, you are a hoot! I finally got it!!! Yes, I snorted, too!!

Ash, love the gems with the charms, really dresses it up! Is that a little prayer box or wish box I see? So many adorable charms, too!

Thanks, It was supposed tpo be two separate bracelets but the mix was just a perfect fit! yes prayer boxes,(at least that is what the label said but I have also seen the exact same things labelled as wish boxes.) It was my first charm bracelet. I hope to make others in the future.

Hanaleimom,
I rarely like anything I do I am too much of a perfectionist. but I am so inspired by the tallent base and encouragement on this list. Given the ammount of "love for the craft" and how awesome and willing to shre everyone is here its hard not to want to share. I look forward to seeing your stuff when you are ready and seeing what wonderful creations you add to the tallet base we have here!

cheers
Ash

Made this pendant yesterday. It?s made of apatite, tsavorite garnet, rhodolite garnet, cat?s eye chrysoberyl, amethyst and sapphire beads. It?s quite heavy and I liked it a lot. Took this temporary picture of it:

DSCI0166.jpg

Going to take a nicer one for the shop tomorrow when the light is better.

Opinions?

I love the colors and you did a terrific job of wrapping those briolettes! ;)

Thanks! I tried with some garnet briolettes as well but it kinda ruined it, better not put TOO many colours in it...

I kinda wish I made it in gold. I started experimenting with silver and it just turned out this, in my opinion, good.

I like how the apatites are sort of a little curved so most of them wont touch the pearl, means less damage to the pearl.

It?s a 8mm ish freshwater (duh) btw. I like it quite a bit but I had a really dark lavender that got stuffed with thread and I don?t know how to get it out... Too late now anyway but maybe if I make something similar in gold.

one way to get out jammed in thread is to get a very fine drill bit and drill out the hole a little bigger - I use a 1mm bit.
Or shove the thread through with a hard headpin fed through mm by mm
Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.....

Here are the newest. I tried the sunstone, Pattye, it isn't Oregon, but it worked great with the pearls which are the ones my dad got me in China. :D

Attachments

• sunston2.jpg
    sunston2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 45
  • brace3.jpg
    brace3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 38
  • neck&er.jpg
    neck&er.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 40
  • erings.jpg
    erings.jpg