Pearls and clasps, in "Clasps – 4,000 Years of fasteners in Jewellery"

Thank you Pearl Dreams,
Hundreds of book have been shipped to 25 countries so far. The Gia is informed of the book release.
Well, it's time to say and you are the first to know : the "Clasp-History-book-tour" has started and I will be giving lectures at the SNAG (Society of North American Goldsmiths) in New Orleans and at 3 places in New York including the American Society of Jewelry Historians.
I'm very happy.
More later

Last edited:
That's great! I really devoured my copy. I love clasps. To me, a piece of jewelry just does not look finished unless the clasp is super special looking.

Anna, Congratulations!!! I would so love to meet you in NY if you have time ... I bet it will be a whirlwind :)

Hello PG friends,
I will soon give the places of conferences where we could meet. Keep posted. Yes that's a fantatsic story.
I wouldn't have guess it when I subscribed for the first time to Pearl guide in 2006.
For the members who don't know me, I love sharing and I suggest you look at all the photos of pearls exhibitions, I photoshot for PG and it's here : https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?10427
More later ...

Sunday special,
the Marjorie Merriweather 4 strand pearl necklace with a 7 seven diamond pendants suspended from the clasp. I photoshot this necklace when it was on exhibition in Paris and requested my jewelry teacher to make a detailed illustration of the clasp function.
Also the 4 steps, period studies of the necklace,
Enjoy !

Attachments

• Clasps, 4000 years of fasteners in jewellery by anna tabakhova 9.jpg
    Clasps, 4000 years of fasteners in jewellery by anna tabakhova 9.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Anna,

Congratulations on your book! Looking forward to seeing it.

Hello PG friends,
Be the first to know where I am going to give lectures, some places need to be registered or members, click on links for details :
And I will attend the ASJRA annual conference in Boston June 10th.

When at the Snag in New Orleans, I will be with Sheri (La Corsetiere) who translated the book.
Stay posted on facebook
Looking forward to seeing some of you there. There will be clasps and pearls too :)

Last edited:
Oh! Now ... can I make this work in view of Canadian camping trip with grandson May 25 - June 4 or 5, and his birthday weekend camping trip June 9 - 12. There's a birthday cake to be made by this grandmother in there ... I am determined though!

Hello PG friends.
Sheri (La Corsetiere) will animate the lecture with me at the Snag in New Orleans, on Friday 26th just in a week.
Sheri will ask me questions and I will answer.
All you want to know about clasps, just come and meet us ! And there will be pearls and American clasps :)
It is at 4.30 friday 26th.
Looking forward to going to USA and speaking about my work
Anna

Attachments

• Meet me in New Orleans Anna book on Clasps History.jpg
    Meet me in New Orleans Anna book on Clasps History.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 50
Oh! Now ... can I make this work in view of Canadian camping trip with grandson May 25 - June 4 or 5, and his birthday weekend camping trip June 9 - 12. There's a birthday cake to be made by this grandmother in there ... I am determined though!
Hi Cathy, sorry for late reply, yes you can speak about it and thank you.
Anna

Hello PG friends,
Be the first to know where I am going to give lectures, some places need to be registered or members, click on links for details :
When at the Snag in New Orleans, I will be with Sheri (La Corsetiere) who translated the book.
Stay posted on facebook
Looking forward to seeing some of you there. There will be clasps and pearls too :)

I wish I could get to NY, but my schedule is packed. Let me know if you ever come down to Wash., DC!

I wish I could get to NY, but my schedule is packed. Let me know if you ever come down to Wash., DC!
New Orleans, New York and Boston this spring!

So we did it ! and Sheri was on stage with me and it was great. Paula made a photo report of the lecture that she will post also.

Attachments

• 2017-05-27 01.12.02 Sheri et moi au snag.jpg
    2017-05-27 01.12.02 Sheri et moi au snag.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 52
Hello PG friends,
I am now back to France after a long trip to New Orleans, New York, Washington and Boston, with fond memories.
If you want to see some other pictures of the tour it's here : https://www.instagram.com/anna_tabakhova_bijoux_paris/

If you want to watch a 3'35 video from the lecture in New Orleans a the SNAG, with Sheri La Corsetière, interviewing me? It's here https://vimeo.com/222825816

Enjoy!
Anna

Brava!!!! You've peeked my interest in clasps...Thank you for following your passions to fruition. I wish I had done so...

Anna, I'm so thrilled your tour was such a success, and SO happy you posted that video for those of us who missed the talks. I was so disappointed, 2 talks in NYC, so close, and I couldn't make either ... how nice to see you and Sheri both :)

Back