Pearl Parties Are Taking Over Facebook Live, But Buyer Beware

Tonight PPP who were covered by the bbc thanks to a lovely bunch of of us has gone live tonight popping open her oysters ' i prayed to the gods for twins' she says opening 3 oysters with twins.... umm no you ordered them in !
pearl parties are so dishonest.

I'm watching this video and it is boring... am I missing something? Who's got time to watch someone do nothing?

Tonight PPP who were covered by the bbc thanks to a lovely bunch of of us has gone live tonight popping open her oysters ' i prayed to the gods for twins' she says opening 3 oysters with twins.... umm no you ordered them in !
pearl parties are so dishonest.

Good job! I like your user name. :D

Found another UK one. She was showing off her ankle tag (means she's on curfew/restricted probation for some criminal conviction) and steadily gets sloshed as the 'party' progresses. Yet the customers still pay £15 for each shell. A pair for earrings. one 6.5 and the other 7, two different colours. Yes, they would be earrings. £30 just for the two pearls. no idea what she charges for making up or findings

Some people just want to be conned. The pearl party operation featured by the BBC lost it's paypal account weeks ago and diverts payment to their uncles and such like and still they throw money at them
Pearl parties certainly prove Barnum.There really is one born every minute!

Some people just want to be conned. The pearl party operation featured by the BBC lost it's paypal account weeks ago and diverts payment to their uncles and such like and still they throw money at them
Pearl parties certainly prove Barnum.There really is one born every minute!

Wow, just wow.

I think that psychologically they have a lot invested. They've spent time, posted, spent money, got pearls. If the whole thing is a scam then they have to admit to themselves and the world that they were chumps who got conned. People these days don't admit they've been fooled or were wrong or don't know something.
Tht's why some of us stand looking at whatever it is from pearl parties to presidents or prime minsters etc with our jaws dropping but still they get away with it

That's exactly what I was thinking, Pattye, sounds like these folks get hooked just like gamblers do.

I have an email list for my jewelry business of about 500 people. Every time I send out an email, I include a short piece on pearl knowledge. This is done in the philosophy that the more you know, the smarter you are! Today my email included the information about the pearl parties and a link to the buzz feed article that Jeremy posted. Thank you all for your information and I am so glad to be able to pass it on. Lets make a difference!

Back