Pearl Lunar bait and switch lot 8188 on eBay

Mommy33

I have been reading through many threads prior to joining the forum yesterday. Saw good reports on Pearl Lunar. I am fairly comfortable on eBay. Been a member since feb. 1999. Mostly purchase stuff. Occasionally sell old kids stuff that I find. Found several items and placed them in my cart from PL. saw two items that had Make Offer...so...in the eBay spirit I did. My offers were countered and I am supposed to have 48 hrs to decide. Two hours later the seller cancels the auction claiming I declined (did no such thing) and realists same lot 8188 in a new auction claiming pearls were not available in previous auction...tsk tsk. I had planned on spending three to four hundred on a first purchase based on sound advice from the keenly knowledgeable on this forum. I do not doubt what I read...I just think the pearls may be great but the ethics at Pearl Lunar may be lacking. So, please do not take offense. I appreciated the knowledge imparted...just wanted to share a perceived inequity that you should hear about...over a ten dollar difference...WOW. Bid was 89.99 or best offer. Counteroffer was for 80. And I was cheated over ten bucks with over three hundred in my basket...their loss.

Update: some sellers do not understand all the intricacies of eBay...PL started a Buy It Now or Make Offer auction. I made an offer on two auctions. She countered on both. eBay sent a message to sellers offering No Fees if you convert your Buy It Now auctions to Auction style listings. PL has loads of auctions...chance to save on fees...I get that...but she cancelled only one of my auctions...the cheaper one for 80 and resisted same item 8188 for a starting bid of 89.99 with no Make Offer component. In the eBay spirit, she should have waited for me to have my two days but doesn't understand how Make Offer works...hence a miscommunication that I think she still doesn't get ;-)

Got my pearls from Pearl Lunar today and I must say that they are truly gorgeous and the metallic shine is amazing. I also bought from lilei1971 and her pearls were of very high quality too. I feel very lucky to have found this forum and read enough to find some very honest sellers. Pearl Lunar and I may have started out rocky, but I imagine a long and satisfying relationship from here on out. Thank you Pearl Forum and Pearl Lunar and lilei1971.

Glad everything worked out, and, most importantly, that you're happy with the pearls! I've only purchased from pearllunar once, but found them very communicative, and eager to make sure that I would be happy with my purchase (which I was!). Please post pictures of your new acquisitions when you get a chance!

Back