Pearl and Diamond Collection

greatpearls

Could anyone tell me what the shape of these pearls are? Are these considered baroque? Could anyone also tell by the picture if these are SSPs? These were only given to me as gifts by my parents. And I am no pearl expert to tell...

Thanks,
Ruth
greatpearls@yahoo.com

Attachments

• IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0090.JPG
    IMG_0090.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 49
No, not South Sea. Those are freshwater pearls. The black colors are dyed. The stones are not diamond, but the set looks nice. It does not have much monetary value, but if you received it from your parents the intrinsic value holds!

Last edited:
Hello Ruth,

I was given a rather similar looking set last year when I ordered some strands of pearls from China. If you can't find any hallmarks on the metal that indicates it is 14k or 18k or 925 sterling , it is probably made of a plated base metal. I think the pearls are genuine freshwater baroques. In the situation of my ring and bracelet, the clear stones are either crystals or cubic zirconia. Your pearls appear to be a pretty color and have lustre. Most bracelets with that many genuine diamonds would have a different kind of clasp. However, I am certain the sets are very pretty on you and have great sentimental value since they were gifts from your parents! Wear them and enjoy them!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Hi Greatpearls,

I found my bracelet, it is virtually identical to yours shown in the first photo, white metal, crystal baguettes, same little swirl and all. The setting is marked 18kgf- that means it is 18k gold filled, which is ok, but a gold finish over base metal. The difference is my pearls are mauve. The chain fastener with the hook is identical. If I were better with a digital camera I would post a photo.

Pattye

Hi Greatpearls,

I hope you will see this. Here is my bracelet. On the underside of the pearl I can see a bead nuclei--I think these are called freshwater mabes. These are dyed a pretty mauve color. Not rare, not diamonds either.

IMGP0012_resize_resize.JPG

I'm so excited I figured this photo thing out!

Pattye

Last edited by a moderator:
I brought a case of odds and ends back from Zhuji last year for a friend of mine to sell on eBay (he had just gone through back surgery). I brought a lot of those pieces specifically, in a lot of different colors. They are popular in the market.

Back