P. sterna v Pipi

Thanks, y'all! I think wrapping briolettes just takes a lot of practice and I've found using dead soft wire helps a lot with getting smooth and even results. I think if I had dead soft 28G it would have been much easier and come out nicer. Hmmm now that I'm thinking about it....

Jersey, I used to source my brios from thai gem, but I don't think that site exists anymore. I've never had a bad experience buying from vendors on Etsy.

Now here's a pipi!
image.jpg
IMG_9210.jpg
IMG_9203.jpg
IMG_9216.jpg

Last edited:
I've had this one secreted away for a while now, but finally unpacked my pearls this week.
Dave, yes, this was one of Laurent's harvested pearls :) I know he's trying to get back out to dive again.
I just have to find a jeweler in Raleigh who's got experience with antique jewelry. Is anyone else here from the Raleigh area?

I am really looking forward to seeing the fabulous ring it will become. :)

Me too! I hope I can find a good jeweler to work with, otherwise it may be a while.
I think I am going to re-wrap those rubies, the imperfections are irritating me! LOL
I just noticed Riogrande now carries gold wire in pink gold color, how exciting!

I am really looking forward to seeing the fabulous ring it will become. :)

I found a jeweler in the Raleigh area that specializes in antique jewelry, that's the good news. The bad news is that because the setting is in platinum, head modification to fit the pearl is too risky, since the platinum has likely become brittle over time. Setting replacement was suggested, but I love the setting so that's a no go :( I will need to look for an antique ring, maybe in white gold, with a setting that will fit the pearl. Anticipation is half the pleasure, so this project will just have to go on hold for a while!

Back