Online pearl stores?

battah

I looked around and didn't find a single thread with this information centralized, so please let me know if there is one and I can delete this.

There's a gem show in my area in December, so I'll be checking it out. But in the meantime, I'm thinking of trying my hand and making and selling a few pearl pieces, and I'd like to find a good source for buying pearls. I'm in the US, so I'm looking for something that would have reasonable shipping for me. It can be hard to buy online and judge from photos, so I thought recommendations might be nice. I'm thinking mostly freshwaters, and I love fun shapes - I don't think I'd need a source for rounds or near-rounds, as I'm more of a baroque/keshi/ripple fan.

Any recommended sellers? I want nicer than bead-store quality, but not super high-end.

Thanks!

i have had luck with pearllunar and lilei1971 on ebay, FWIW. if you do an ebay search for "furrow pearl", you'll likely pull up some of lilei's ripply/baroque-y pearls. and on both of them, be mindful of their grading systems - don't compare them to each other, but each of them does mean it when they call one strand A+ and another AAA. the AAAs are definitely going to be better.

Thanks! I'll take a look.

Haha one must do what one must in the name of research! I've been drooling over some strands at Kojima, they have really beautiful pearls. Stunning.

I just ordered from Sarah at Kojima and all I can say is WOW!! I too spent many mornings with cup a coffee in hand drooling over her website. I just love that there are many gorgeous things available and in all price ranges. Her emails with additional pictures were so helpful, it did not take me long to make a decision. I know this will not be my last purchase with her!

yes! do have fun! :) and maybe splurge on an expensive strand from somewhere like kojima (http://kojimapearl.myshopify.com/) to get a feel for those really really nice pearls before you go to the gem show. y'know, get some experience. it's all research. :)

I wouldn't say "expensive" to refer to certain items...I would say "Valuable" instead. Good Quality always commands a Higher Price. To me "expensive" is something that might be less money, but also of lesser quality and beauty.

Go for Quality Always and you will never feel sorry.

I wouldn't say "expensive" to refer to certain items...I would say "Valuable" instead. Good Quality always commands a Higher Price. To me "expensive" is something that might be less money, but also of lesser quality and beauty.

Go for Quality Always and you will never feel sorry.

Well said!

Mishie, Sarah is a great photographer, so if you like the photos, you'll be very happy with the pearls. Enjoy!

Back