new to the world of Tahitian Pearl !!

I think they are really unique and beautiful. The site has all the signs of a good online business. I just can't remember if we actually "know" the owners, but they guarantee the necklace and your satisfaction and they are BBB is listed. If someone from there is not a member here, perhaps they should be.

In any case I wouldn't be afraid to buy it. I absolutely love the colors and circles on that piece. I also like the rest of the site, especially the comment on a ring that "silver is the new gold". I say go for it and send it back if you don't like it.

Hi Caitlin,

thankyou very much for having a look at the pearls and there site, i feel a little more reasured so i might go ahead and buy them soon! thanks again!

I have met with the owner of this site on a couple of projects. He does not have a showroom and is internet based but he is in my town. I have bought a necklace and had him add pearls and restring one for me. I was very please with his attention to detail and pearls. We have met on several occasions. Jose is a very nice man. I have encouraged him to participate here on PG and I hope he will in the future.

Some nice pearls there, and good designs too. I thought the prices pretty good too. With a personal introduction, it all looks good

Since I left this thread, i can't get those pearls out of my mind. It is a good thing I can't afford them, or I might just sneak them away from you! Just joking; I would never to that to another member, but I would wish........ So if you want them, you'd better get them.

Ijust love all those multicolored stripes on those pearls, I saved a copy of the photo. If you have the dough and like them, then get them! And show us a shot of you wearing them.

I recently bought a strand of multi-colored tahitian pearls from them - - similar to the one in the link posted. It was gift for my sister. The strand was exactly as described. In fact it looked better since the pearls had a deeper luster than what was captured in the photograph. Jose was most helpful. Excellent customer service.

I checked today and someone did buy these. Really, one of my favorite Tahitians. Whoever got it, please post neck shots!

I was silly to have put photo of these pearls on here as someone beat me to it, the reason why because we were having trouble in getting them here due to customs r?gulations , then we cracked it the lady in the online shop was just about to sell them to me, and she said, i am really sorry but they have just been sold, i said i wanted them before but for some reason did not take of Line! Well never mind they had some new ones come in even more pretty at a good price, so i said take these of line, as i want them, the only thing now is ive had to send them to m'y uk adresse. Because for NeXT year im in amozon jungle n? way to get them to me here! Can not wait to wear them!!

Well, I am really disappointed it was not you. But I know that when I felt so strongly for those pearls, temptation arose. That is why I posted you to get them. Not everyone has my strength of character and/or will power. (JOKE!!!) I was slapping my own hands away from the keyboard and I don't even have the cash AND they had it on BillMeLater so I could buy it anyway. It was a heroic fight and I won, but now I wish I had got them- At least I might have passed them on to you!

I actually went back yesterday, just to peek and they were gone! Next time, just use a photo and do not give the buying info out, except by PM to someone who will check out the site for you. I am sure it was not a poster, but lots of people read this forum!

That is like the abalone pearl i lost on ebay by not putting in my top bid the first time. I was busy upping the ante when time ran out and the other person got it for about $100. It was worth at least $1000, not counting the antique setting etc. I still regret this one!!!!

ebay lost 2.jpgebay lost.jpg

Last edited:
Caitlin,

Here are pictures of a similar strand I bought from Tahitianpearl.biz. The strand is a gift to my sister. I took a few shots of it. Very nice multi-colored rings with fantastic luster.

IMG_1371A.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

Hi, and thanks for the pics! When I saw your photos I went streaking over to the site and just sat in front of my monitor, sort of limp. I too loved the pistachios, but that one black and gold pearl you have - WOW! Wouldn't I love to have a whole bracelet of those! Obviously I'd love a set, but I'm scaling down my ambitions. ( Ha ha ha hahaha. As if! ) Thanks again, and judging by your posts you're going to have fun here. Welcome!

Ah, Caitlin, that stick pin is worth pining over. Oh, Well. If one was made, and it wasn't one of a kind, maybe go online and ask for anyone in the world to sell you theirs? You Never know!

Silly person that I am, all the elements look reproduceable...wouldn't it be fun to make that your project if you took a metal-working course? As if you had the spare time...silly me.

Last edited:
The logical part of my brain wonders how the pearls can have a different color in the rings. I don't see how it could grow that way.

But the beader side says, "luv it, luv it, luv it,"

Logical side says, "But why have we not seen this before?"

rightbrain says, likem, likem, likem.........

LB: Please, we need some history on these. They should have a special name. How did they come to be? Did the growers spin them in their mollusk-pockets as they grew?

RB: Don't care how they came about, they're faboo.

LB: Just tell me how this is possible? Why is it suddenly happening, or were these striped ones thrown away before, or what?

The logical part of my brain wonders how the pearls can have a different color in the rings. I don't see how it could grow that way.

But the beader side says, "luv it, luv it, luv it,"

Logical side says, "But why have we not seen this before?"

rightbrain says, likem, likem, likem.........

LB: Please, we need some history on these. They should have a special name. How did they come to be? Did the growers spin them in their mollusk-pockets as they grew?

RB: Don't care how they came about, they're faboo.

LB: Just tell me how this is possible? Why is it suddenly happening, or were these striped ones thrown away before, or what?

I can't help your brain halves resolve their conflict, Caitlin, but I can address the "why is it suddenly happening" question to point out that it is not new. My "dream strand" from PP (which I missed out on years ago and have never stopped mourning) had those wonderful stripey pearls. I hope Jeremy doesn't mind if I link the picture (I'll remove it if it's a problem, just let me know): http://i.imgur.com/4v7rZ.jpg

Heck no. Post away! I need to bring this kind of pearl into consciousness, because I LOVE the look!

HOW does that happen?

Fabulous Pearl photos! Loving the colorings!

I am with Caitlin on the RB & LB argument.

The Right Brain Beader in me says "Ohhh shiny"
LB: "Be Practical about this:
RB: "But but But.."
LB: "We are going to get some tea and calm down."

So here I sit with a nice cup of Hot Jasmine Green tea enamored with these lovelies!

Cheers
Ash

Back