New graduated white Edison strand!

Kelluvpearls, they are very similar but the luster on the Burmese SS earrings is slightly sharper and they have a slightly stronger pink overtone.

I'll take pictures of them together.

Beautiful pearls, baby nurse. Love the sharp pinkish overtones, and how wonderful they look on you.

You're welcome Kelluvpearls.

Thank you Red-- it's good to see you!

I too wondered about the comparison to the Burmese pearls ... look forward to that photo when you have time, Baby Nurse :)

They are spectacular! The luster is amazing, and the overtones, and the size, of course... they look fantastic on you!

Thank you so much for the kind words, Tucs!!

I took these pictures in slightly indirect natural light, overcast day. This is as close to what I see irl as I could get, and I think it's pretty accurate.

The Burmese WSS earrings have slightly sharper luster and a little more pink overtone. Otherwise the earrings and strand are very similar.

PPEdBurmSS.jpg

PPEdBurmSS1.jpg

PPEdBurmSS2.jpg

Yes, pattye!

It's kind of odd, I hadn't compared them before this :confused:. Hadn't gotten around to it I guess. They do look very nice together!

Thanks for the comparison shots! I agree -- we need a lot more pictures, please!

Thank you for the comparison shot Babynurse. Looks like the Edisons can hold their own against the gorgeous Burmese SS. :cool:

A nice combo, Baby Nurse ... so similar, yet somehow different ... they look great together!

Thank you so much for the kind words, Tucs!!

I took these pictures in slightly indirect natural light, overcast day. This is as close to what I see irl as I could get, and I think it's pretty accurate.

The Burmese WSS earrings have slightly sharper luster and a little more pink overtone. Otherwise the earrings and strand are very similar.

View attachment 39579

View attachment 39580

View attachment 39581

And it's photos like these that have the entire South Sea pearl industry VERY nervous.

I can see why they would be nervous. The price would make Edisons way more attainable for the majority of people than white south sea pearls. I'm hoping they continue to get better at making them so that they become more available (and maybe even more affordable too).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back