New graduated white Edison strand!

Thank you, Tucs : )

I've noticed that the pink overtones come out a little stronger in photos. I don't think they're that strong irl.

I took these pics and meant to post them along with the other comparison pics of the WSS earrings and Edison strand and forgot. These are the last!

PPEdBurmSS3.jpg

PPEdBurmSS4.jpg

Thanks for the new photos. Do post as any photos as you like, I'll never get sick of your beautiful collection.

Fair disclosure LOL ... I got a strand of Sheri's screamers. The luster is extraordinary, and I frankly never noticed if the pearls are round! I did decide in the end they were not really necessary for me in light of my white baroque akoya etc. My daughter, who generally is not much interested in jewelry, was quite delighted to get them for Christmas. I asked for mine unstrung, so we're getting out the Beaders Secret threads tomorrow to play :)

I was SO lucky with the screamers. I ordered the double strand and when I got it, was stunned by how metallic and lustrous they were. I regretted not getting a third for a triple. So I called to see if they had any left but by then they were sold out. I waited, and called (and called) and eventually someone returned a strand. I could not believe my luck! I'm thrilled with these strands:eek:

The baroque akoyas are like soap bubbles. Very lustrous and iridescent but irl Sheri's screamers have sharper luster.

I totally missed the screamers. Was it posted on PP's site? I remember reading about it on the blog and wondered when they were going on the site.

Fair disclosure LOL ... I got a strand of Sheri's screamers. The luster is extraordinary, and I frankly never noticed if the pearls are round! I did decide in the end they were not really necessary for me in light of my white baroque akoya etc. My daughter, who generally is not much interested in jewelry, was quite delighted to get them for Christmas. I asked for mine unstrung, so we're getting out the Beaders Secret threads tomorrow to play :)

Haha, the missing piece of the puzzle, Cathy! Please let us know what you both decided re stringing that strand, ie length etc.

I totally missed the screamers. Was it posted on PP's site? I remember reading about it on the blog and wondered when they were going on the site.

Bailey, I am completely drawing a blank. I recall seeing them on the blog, a few weeks going by and thinking "I should call and inquire about those screamers..." , so I did. Seems to me they were posted somewhere else but I don't remember-- sorry.

Bailey, I am completely drawing a blank. I recall seeing them on the blog, a few weeks going by and thinking "I should call and inquire about those screamers..." , so I did. Seems to me they were posted somewhere else but I don't remember-- sorry.

Ah ha! That must be it! if I see something on their blog that looks interesting I need to call ASAP :D

I don't think it was posted anywhere else. I emailed and inquired when I saw the blog post, and Chenai emailed me when they came in. Sounds like there weren't any left after the initial inquiries for them to post it anywhere...

Purranha, the 3 screamer strands don't nest. The double of course does but the single strand is about the same length as the longer strand in the double. I bought it that way thinking I'd wear it on it's own for awhile and then when I learn to string, I'll probably shorten it to nest inside the double. Or I'll leave the single as is and shorten the double. It's currently about 17 and 18" and I wouldn't mind it a little closer to the neck.

Yep, my triple and BAS's would be similar. The differences are (correct me if I'm wrong BAS), the two outer strands of hers have pearls that are the same size and the inner strand has smaller pearls. And the pearls are not graduated. Also the overall length of her triple is shorter.
So our pieces would be similar but also unique:)

Purranha, the 3 screamer strands don't nest. The double of course does but the single strand is about the same length as the longer strand in the double. I bought it that way thinking I'd wear it on it's own for awhile and then when I learn to string, I'll probably shorten it to nest inside the double. Or I'll leave the single as is and shorten the double. It's currently about 17 and 18" and I wouldn't mind it a little closer to the neck.

Yep, my triple and BAS's would be similar. The differences are (correct me if I'm wrong BAS), the two outer strands of hers have pearls that are the same size and the inner strand has smaller pearls. And the pearls are not graduated. Also the overall length of her triple is shorter.
So our pieces would be similar but also unique:)

Each strand in my triple is a different mm. It is graduated strand-by-strand. And the metallic white pearls are actually quite off-round. When looking at the pearls individually, it's very noticeable. On the neck, I don't think it's at all noticeable.

This is the Mikimoto triple akoya that inspired my piece:

Mikimoto Triple Strand on stand.jpg

Mikimoto Triple Strand..jpg

Mikimoto Triple Strand Neckshot.jpg

And here is the piece created by Jeremy using metallic whites -- it took two shows to find matching colors and nicely graduated sizes:

metallic white triple strand shot.jpg

metallic white triple strand.jpg

neck shot.jpg

Baby Nurse -- your variety of round white pearls is magnificent!!! Wear them all in health and happiness!

BAS, I love how your pearls "stack." Each pearl in the strand lines up with the one above it perfectly. Was that intended? Or did it just happen during that one photo? Because I've never seen a triple do that so perfectly.

Those pearls are such glowing beauties! You and your necklace are glorious! :)

Forgot to say your cockerel is a beauty too and proud of his ornaments :-D

BAS, I love how your pearls "stack." Each pearl in the strand lines up with the one above it perfectly. Was that intended? Or did it just happen during that one photo? Because I've never seen a triple do that so perfectly.

It's a triple with a triple bar clasp and that is the way it nests, always. I'm very particular about how my doubles and triples nest and have annoyed more than one vendor regarding nesting... (thanks for your patience!).

BAS, what a treat to see that triple!!! They are one in a million and you glow in them!!

Back