they both off-round.

Attachments

• 1134.jpg
    1134.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 1134b.jpg
    1134b.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 39
they don't look like a great match to me but like Jeremy said they have to be together in the same lighting to know for sure.

can you give me a rough idea of the price range? thank you!

Value is extremely difficult to gauge with the shots. You need a color reference first, although the color does not look bad. The number and amount of blemishing is hard to detect too.

Golden South Sea pearls can range from around $100 to several hundred per pearl in that size range.

Value is extremely difficult to gauge with the shots. You need a color reference first, although the color does not look bad. The number and amount of blemishing is hard to detect too.

Golden South Sea pearls can range from around $100 to several hundred per pearl in that size range.

thank you Jeremy...I heard so many good things about you!
question about the first pearl,it said undrilled,but it do have a little pit(as shown on pic),is that a big flaw?

this one is 12.96mm,

ca. 12.96 x 12.95 x 12.93 mm ,3.1gram.from Lombok / Indonesia.
is the weight affect the pearl price a lot?what is more important for SS golden pearls
size? round? color? weight?
but I heard when you drill the pearl.some have water inside,how can you conculate the weight then?

Attachments

• 1296.jpg
    1296.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 1296b.jpg
    1296b.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Where is it?

I don't think beaded pearls get pockets of water. FW can, but is not clean water, it's more like stinky rotten organic matter.

Pearls are judged on all those factors, deepness of color is the most valuable in the goldens, all other factors being equal.

Pearls with pockets of fluid are generally the keshi pearls, not bead nucleated pearls.

The little pit on that one pearl is most likely where the drill hole would be placed.

wow,I learned so many today...how do you think those two SS golden pearls pattye? which kind of earring will make them look better?
I also like some of SS baroque pearls,but I do need someone like you help me on design...:)

Agustus collection (where I think these pictures come from) has some "buy it now" auctions that will give you an idea about the higher end price for these pearls. Auctions usually end well below that price, but generally the pearls are a bit less valuable than the fixed priced ones.

Agustus collection (where I think these pictures come from) has some "buy it now" auctions that will give you an idea about the higher end price for these pearls. Auctions usually end well below that price, but generally the pearls are a bit less valuable than the fixed priced ones.

yes,I did got those from Agustus.do you think those 9.99start bidding pearls price are more practical?

I think they are good value, but certainly not top grade. It depends what you want to do with it. I don't have much experience buying pearls from this vendor, but I buy his 22k gold and like it. It is all a question of the price you will have to pay on any given auction. The colors look nice and they are pretty round.

I have purchased two items from this vendor recently and think I got great value on them. Both were auctions ending below $30 each. One an osmena "pearl" discussed elsewhere on this forum. The other was a baroque white SS pearl with nice color, overtones and overall shape; it has a good quality skin on one side and a slightly "hammered" skin on the other. I am using that one for a ring. Neither was "gem grade" but both were good value for nice looking items.

If you are looking for investment/gem material that is a different question, perhaps. To me an auction always comes with a risk, but it can be a good way of getting a pearl for jewelry use that's more every day wear or unique without breaking the bank. I don't look to auctions for the highest end collection pieces. I never spend more on an auction than I can afford to lose and I make sure that the seller accepts returns if it is a high ticket item. It is always worth contacting a seller and asking them specific and careful questions if you are in any doubt about an item.

those pearls arrived today,I am so amazed to watch first two,since they have excellent luster/not perfect,but interesting match.
I am not very happy about the bigger/rounder(12.96mm) one.
the first sight,it's kind of plastic look,the surface like coated with oil screen,I hope you understand what I am talking,it's not very refelectional.I know SS pearl are not like Akoya have mirror reflection,but this one is a way too...stain?
it's pretty round and big though,but I just learned the color is most important thing...
maybe I should return it?paid $174 for this one,another two total around $150.
any suggestions?

those pearls arrived today,I am so amazed to watch first two,since they have excellent luster/not perfect,but interesting match.
I am not very happy about the bigger/rounder(12.96mm) one.
the first sight,it's kind of plastic look,the surface like coated with oil screen,I hope you understand what I am talking,it's not very refelectional.I know SS pearl are not like Akoya have mirror reflection,but this one is a way too...stain?
it's pretty round and big though,but I just learned the color is most important thing...
maybe I should return it?paid $174 for this one,another two total around $150.
any suggestions?

If you didn't ask them about returns prior to bidding or purchasing then you cannot count on it unless they stated in the item listing, specifically, that they would accept returns. If you did ask prior to bidding then it is worth contacting them and explaining what you see. SS pearls have a unique luster that tends toward a satin effect as opposed to a mirror.

As a point of education, I recommend studying the pearl in person and comparing what you see to the photographs that the seller posted. There is never a 1-1 relationship, really, between photographs of pearls and the real thing. Over time you will be able to recognize some of the qualities affecting value which are visible in photographs. It will never be a perfect method, but education is worthwhile, in my opinion. This forum is also an excellent source of photographs with detailed information about quality.

Golden Pearls

Golden Pearls

Golden Pearls make beautiful earrings - your
pearls are lovely. Always remember there is always
a HEAD between the earrings - they may not look exact when
you see them side by side - but when they are on,that HEAD
is there. Here are a few of our simple designs - the stud is
timeless - the pendant design can be made into earrings. Our pearls
are from MyanmarSS Forum.jpg

SS Forum 1.jpg

SS Forum 2.jpg

SS Forum 3.jpg