Natural and cultured pearls at famous Paris XXVI? Biennale

Thank you for rating that thread 5 stars...

Well, it's over now, Hope you liked the walkabout, may I offer you a coffee under the wonderful glass ceiling ?
Did I tell you that Karl Lagerfeld was in charge of the conception of design, decoration and staging ? the kind of hot air ballon you see on photo, stand in the middle of the palace.

P1140728-paris-26-biennale-cliclasp.jpg

As a conclusion, I would say that "we" - pearl lovers - still have a lot to do, to popularize pearls, because as I already said, the pearl jewelry was understated in the press, and most of the photos I posted are not in the press.
Anyway below is a video about the Biennale.
There are pearls that I did not shot and you will enjoy them ... though several necklaces such as the Cartier Cassis pearl necklace and the 1.200.000 € Chanel fine pink pearls and pink diamond have their bottom cut :eek:
Anyway, it is in english and the best video on the subject, so far, not to mention breathtaking stones and marvelous other pieces :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOo2zP4b3yE

ENJOY

Last edited:
Would you be interested in versatile jewelry at the Biennale ?
I will post in the "story of clasps" I run on FB a piece of transforming jewel from the Biennale, see you there ;) Interchangeable Clasps - Jewelry Fan Club
http://www.facebook.com/groups/236759659887/

And here is the matched necklace.
Right Caitlin it is a cassis pearl. as far as I remember the briollette drop is an imperial topaz.
Isn'it incredible.

What a lovely piece!!! Looks so versatile & definitely a conversation piece!

Cheers

Thank you again Anna for sharing this beauty. Love, love LOVE your website!!!

Anna,
I love all your threads and photos! You bring so much interest to this forum! Thanks for your years of membership and the grand threads with old and/or famous pearls!!!!

Thank you so much for a such a warm welcome all the time. All questions get their answers here, this forum is so generous...
I cannot resist sharing with you that I had a surprise about a stone used by Cartier for their panthers carving ; the exact same type of petrified wood that I am using too ...

P1140703-cartier-bois-fossile-GP.jpg
P114097-petr-wood-11.jpg
cartier bois petrifi? 1retaille.jpg

Last edited:
Back