My Sea of Cortez Mabes are Set

Red

I purchased three Sea of Cortez mabe pearls from pearl farmer Douglas at the Pearl Paradise Ruckus last summer. After much thought, I decided to have them set by local design studio T Lee Fine Designer Jewelry of Minneapolis. I worked with talented designer Soren, but most of the artists at the shop had a hand in the final product.

I wanted the design to be light and I hoped to use a small pair of intense pink rectangular spinel that I have been saving for several years for just the right project. The pendant has small round lavender sapphires that matched in color quite well. I think they knocked it out of the park. All three pieces are entirely hand-made in 18 kt yellow gold.

I also show the "Elevation" ring I had made by this same studio several months ago with lavender sapphires in rose gold using a pistachio Tahitian I purchased last summer from PP. I think the pendant coordinates well with my ring.

adjcol_8592.jpg

Attachments

• C_0375.jpg
    C_0375.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Synth ruby in Scandinavian design 1
    Synth ruby in Scandinavian design 1
    11.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Synth ruby in Scandinavian design 3
    Synth ruby in Scandinavian design 3
    35.1 KB · Views: 42
  • c_0342.jpg
    c_0342.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 38
  • c2_0396.jpg
    c2_0396.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 35
I also wanted to show the backs of the pieces, which are almost as pretty as the fronts.

The earrings turned out agreeably light, which pleases me. This is sure to be a favorite set for Spring and Summer.c2_0383.jpgHard stone cameo 1Hard stone cameo 2

Perfect! Special settings for a special woman and her special pearls. :)

What wonderful SoCs! It's fortunate that you chose mabes that show off their multi-tones from all angles. Now that mine was set as a pendant, I can't see the pink and green as much.

Oh, Red, your earrings are so very pretty! They are lovely and I'm sure very light. Your ear shots just make me smile! Thanks for sharing and wear in the best of health. Job well done! (I keep going back to look at your photos. The colors! The designs!)

Gorgeous, terrific set! So unique; simple yet spectacular. Enjoy in good health!

What wonderful SoCs! It's fortunate that you chose mabes that show off their multi-tones from all angles. Now that mine was set as a pendant, I can't see the pink and green as much.

Thank you, cyndayco. I chose the large mabe first, then picked two smaller ones that picked up the strong pinks and blues in the large mabe. But, really, I think the credit goes to Douglas who grew these beauties, then picked these particular ones to bring to the Ruckus.

Mine are still on the table waiting to be selected. Lilliefuzzysocks is holding her stunning choice at the left of the photo.

11Ruckus20140726_154321.jpg

Oh, Red, your earrings are so very pretty! They are lovely and I'm sure very light. Your ear shots just make me smile! Thanks for sharing and wear in the best of health. Job well done! (I keep going back to look at your photos. The colors! The designs!)

Thank you, BAS. These pearl mabes bring back such sweet memories of last summer in LA. Truly special pearls that I wanted to have a designer touch. The colors are sweet, aren't they?

Gorgeous, terrific set! So unique; simple yet spectacular. Enjoy in good health!

Thank you for your kind words, Tucs. I think you described my preferences well.

The simplicity of the design is beautiful and inhances the pearls in so many ways. The choice of stones is really wonderful too. Hope you bring them next summer to the ruckus so i can oh and ah over them :)

Red, your Mabe earrings are just perfect ... and a wonderful compliment to your pendant and ring. The colors, the stones, the settings, the workmanship ... what a fantastic collaboration ... and best of all, they look stunning on a beautiful friend :)

They are sumptuous. I love how you combine color stones into your designs. I'd love to see all your pieces again including your color stone collection. Perhaps a gallery when you have time? :eek:

Last edited:
They are beautiful and look amazing with the coloured stones!

The simplicity of the design is beautiful and inhances the pearls in so many ways. The choice of stones is really wonderful too. Hope you bring them next summer to the ruckus so i can oh and ah over them :)

Thank you, newberry. Compliments from my dear Pearl Queen are always special. I would love to bring them and show them off.

Red, your Mabe earrings are just perfect ... and a wonderful compliment to your pendant and ring. The colors, the stones, the settings, the workmanship ... what a fantastic collaboration ... and best of all, they look stunning on a beautiful friend :)
Thank you for your kind words and your friendship, CathyKeshi.

They are sumptuous. I love how you combine color stones into your designs. I'd love to see all your pieces again including your color stone collection. Perhaps a gallery when you have time? :eek:

Thank you, kelluvpearls. Like others here, I collected colored stones before switching to pearls. So, I have a few unset stones that are just waiting for the right project. I'll try working on a photo gallery, but I have a few projects in front of that, including getting my taxes done. :eek:

Back