My pearls

I like it the way it is now:arms:

Those light green circled little Tahitians are soooo beautiful to look at. The colour gradations are just mesmerising. Charlotta you take the best pearl photos. Especially the beautiful colours of pearls are so hard to capture. I think pearl vendors should get you to take photos for them:silly:

Thank you CortezPearls and @echo.
I like it as it is now to CortezPearls, so the jadeit beads will have to be used on some other projects, they are really pretty. I bought the carved lotus flowers in about 10 mm so bot to big.
You are to kind echo, I do have a magic outdoors room at our summercabin (we spend most of our free time there year around...but only running water during the warmer months, otherwise we fetch water by our well with a bucket...). It had the best light.

Your summer cabin certainly sounds beautiful and magical:love: what a lovely place to be with your gorgeous pearls

This is sunrise. My latest painterly impressionistic pearly creation. I have so much fun interpreting nature and other things that I see around me. Maybe some day I try to make something that represent a feeling or a book, love books. Anyway...Sunrise was so fun to make. I started with rising sun. Well I did have to remake the first version because I wasn't pleased with my choise of sun or the stars. I had choosen a molten lava colored edison for sun. It was all wrong so I changed it for a paler south sea pearl instead. Then I arranged the colors of the vibrant south seas and edisons to look like they chase the dark nightsky away.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210925_175638.JPG Views:	0 Size:	348.7 KB ID:	456883

I hadn't originally planned to make a rope out of it or the nightsky either. But then I added a silvery edison as a moon and some stars...arranging the tahitians that was for another project so that they represent the nightsky, fading next to the moon and the two stars. At first I used white freshwater keshis for stars but it didn't look right, so white south seas it is. I exchanged them when I changed out the sun. I did wear it for a day before I restrung it.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210925_175704.JPG Views:	0 Size:	399.3 KB ID:	456884
It's like a story quilt, only with pearls. I have been wearing it for the last week and I really do love it. I made it endless so that I could position it however I want to.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210925_175733.JPG Views:	0 Size:	347.4 KB ID:	456885
The pearls are mostly from Druzydesign, the sun is from Pearlescence and the two big tahitians are from cmw pearls

Last edited:
Some might think them similar to the Sunset and Night strands, well I think of them more like siblings. The way I see it the sunset is more vibrant with slashes of colors and the sunrise more of a fading the night away.
_20210926_114856.JPG
The Night and the nightsky part of Sunrise also represents different aspects of the night. The Nightsky is only the sky, with a pale moon and two stars. The Night strand represent all of night with the bleached out colors and the surprisingly light nights we sometimes have in sweden during the summer at least.
_20210926_114923.JPG
The neckshots are really blurry, no focus on selfies....why is that....and why should cameras focus on anything beyond pearls? That's really stupid....
_20210926_115003.JPG
_20210926_115028.JPG
But at least better than the ones I took yesterday, they had no colors. I do have other sweaters....this is my summercabin one...because Kycklingen (the chicken, my cat...) made a hole in it....

I love your new creations Charlotta :You_Rock_Emoticon:

The color flows you have been playing with just give me a unique perspective on pearls...I really never envisioned these colorful, creative designs: they were never on my mind! But now, I just want to SEE MORE and more and more...to the point that I am really looking forward to one of these designs as the next pearl necklace I would gift my wife!

Oh these are magnificent Charlotta!!!Cant decide which one I love more, the color combinations are incredible! OK it is sunset strand, that one just blows my mind! Especially since those were not the colors I was ever interested in...But all your “interpretations” are stunning and mesmerizing and so wonderful to see! I will be looking forward to when you pearl interpret books:nervous:

Wow, another beautiful and artistic creation, Charlotta! I am in awe of your eye for design! These "sibling" strands are each so beautiful in their own right, and your neck shot of the sunrise strand is very pretty. And I agree with Eolian that the sunset strand really has that extra something that makes it just incredible :love:

Thank you CortezPearls, eolian pearls and SurfnSci. I have to admit that the Sunset strand is my favorite as well. The Night strand is very wearable and goes with just about everything however and I have used that one alot.
CortezPearls, do borrow whichever of my designs you want to make a present for your wife. We do want to see the results however.
I have some more designs coming up and I accually got an idea about how to transform one of my ombre circled blue tahitian strands into an ocean and sky strand with some blueish white south sea pearls. I haven't tried yet since it requires some restringing and unfortunately it got to dark.

So far I am sticking with simpler jewelry items such as pendants, earrings and rings. I have 3 daughters attending private schools...there goes my "jewelry fund" :biglaugh:

I have probably 6 pearls I purchased for my wife that I need to set into jewelry: 1 Kamoka drop pearl (exquisite), 1 round white SSP, 1 Golden SSP Tokki and one 14 mm round Tahitian, then a pair of Metallic FWPs for earrings. And I have yet to do something with these! I've had them since 4 years ago probably!

No, I haven't decided. I wanted to make a lariat with one black and one white SSP in white gold, one ring with one of the metallic FWPS and plain stud earrings too.
But then...I decided to leave the pearl farm (best decision I've taken in years!) and I ended up with no jewelry making resources. Planned on asking Sarah to help me with this this October but the event has been re-scheduled so I might as well wait until then.
But I will be happy to share once I have something done :)

I think that a black and white lariat in white gold would be lovely. Classic colors that goes with everything but not boring. And of course you cannot go wrong with studs. I love rings but never wears them, I buy them thinking that I will use them and then I don't. Most everyone else gets along with rings though. I love the idea of a metallic freshwater pearl in a ring.

I do love my Spring Flower bracelets, but I had to make just one more. I forgot to add the snow drops...I love snow drops, even though they aren't the most colorful. Anyway...third Spring Flower bracelet.
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_134534.JPG Views:	0 Size:	183.3 KB ID:	456966
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_134456.JPG Views:	0 Size:	168.8 KB ID:	456967
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_134456.JPG Views:	0 Size:	168.8 KB ID:	456967
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_134332.JPG Views:	0 Size:	144.8 KB ID:	456969
All three of them
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_134305.JPG Views:	0 Size:	308.1 KB ID:	456970
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_134234.JPG Views:	0 Size:	334.5 KB ID:	456971
And with my Spring Green strand
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_133956.JPG Views:	0 Size:	367.6 KB ID:	456972
The three bracelet connects easily into a strand of their own
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_133922.JPG Views:	0 Size:	383.6 KB ID:	456973
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_133843.JPG Views:	0 Size:	428.8 KB ID:	456974
The pearls in the bracelets are mostly from Pearlescence and Druzydesign, the pearls in the Spring Green strand are from Pearlescence and cmw pearls.

I do love that Spring Green strand as well. So very green.
_20210926_133652.JPG
_20210926_133626.JPG
With my Sunrise rope
_20210926_133725.JPG

Same here...my wife adores simple earrings and a pendant once in a while...rings she rarely wears (even her wedding ring and the one I gave her when we became engaged) ...but I love rings! Heck, I love jewelry! So, most of the time I end up getting her jewelry I would love her to wear, but any earrings I get her she will definitively wear.

I understand your wife perfectly CortezPearls. I always wears earrings. I do wear strands and bracelets most of the time as well, but of it's really hot them it's not comfortable (for me at least) to wear anything else than earrings (jewelry wise I mean). My stretch bracelet are an exception, since I can rinse those of. I have had so much fun with my Happy bracelets this summer. Accually still do, I had on two of them yesterday.

I do have another piece of impressionistic inspired pearly creation. Remember all those carved jadeit lotus flower beads. My only real rule about making these painterly pieces are that they have to be an interpretation about what I see, feel or for example read. Thus I cannot make a desert inspired strand, since I never accually seen a desert myself. Should I feel inclined, I could always change my rules (add evil laughter). Anyway I live near a stream and drive alongside a river to work, so mist is my constant morning companion. For years I have been thinking that the mist over the evergreens alongside the road looks like japanese paintings, like mist over mount Fuji. It's quite monocromatic. Today I cannot even see the evergreens on the other side of the road because of the mist. Those jadeit beads reminds me of that. This is Morning Mist. I used silvery tahitians from Cees for the mistcovered evergreens. Not-husband thought it pretty but the poor darling cannot see the mist nor the evergreens....he does not like impressionistic paintings either...
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_142056.JPG Views:	0 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	456990
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_142122.JPG Views:	0 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	456991
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_135202.JPG Views:	0 Size:	179.3 KB ID:	456992
With my Night strand
Click image for larger version  Name:	_20210926_142026.JPG Views:	0 Size:	318.1 KB ID:	456993
It's 17,5 inches long with a 4,5 inches long extender, that way I can wear it as a double bracelet or a strand. The extender can be linked with another extender to make a bracelet and the strand alone can be linked to another strand making them a rope. Love transformer pieces. Very practical.

Last edited:
Back