My pearls

Wow, I think you got a good match with the earrings. Now we need ear and neck shots of the complete parure.

I second that! We'd all love to see how it looks on your neck! Especially with the clasp facing forward, good job tackling a multiple strand necklace. Takes a lot of patience.

Thank you Bweaves, Pattye, amti and Cbpearllover, I try to take some neckshots when the light returns, it's dark in the morning and also when I gets home from work. Not much daylight in sweden.

Oh, you are in Sweden? That's the problem with the Internet. I think all my online friends are right next door! I'm in sunny central Florida.

Yes, unfortunately in sweden no light in the winter, but on the other hand only light (almost) in the summer. But it is nice to find friends from all over the world with the same interests as yourself.
So another strand fell into my basket... I bought another strand of 10-12mm south sea pearls from Kongspearl. They were suppose to be champagne in color, something a little different and warmer toned than my greenish south sea strand... Well its greenish to. So now I have 2. I could send it back but I kind like the strand. I could make them into a rope, but then I like to wear it as a single strand. I strung it with Beaders secret in taupe as I did with the last one, but with a silver clasp instead of a gold one. I can combine them.
_20190107_202548.jpg
With the light pistachios south sea studs I bought from Wendy at Perlescence.
_20190107_202650.jpg
Maybe you think that they really are not that greenish... With my dark golden south sea strand from Cees.
_20190107_202622.jpg
But maybe you think that they could still be champagne. With my champagne studs from TahitiPearldesigner.
_20190107_201801.jpg
Here they are all combined.
_20190107_201713.jpg
And one more.
_20190107_202450.jpg
So what do you think. Am I a greenish pearl hoarder....

I like the comparison you did of all the colors, you're right they definitely have a green color to them. And wow, is that golden strand GOLDEN! I saw Kongspearl has been carrying more SS strands and was intrigued, thanks for posting your pictures. I wondered if the strands really had that yellow-green color to them. I actually like your strands way more than I thought I would. I just learned there's such a thing as green gold (yellow gold with barely a hint of green, just like your pearls!). Wouldn't it be cool if you could find green gold clasps for your strands?

The side by side comparison of the greenish pearls with the dark goldens from Cees is remarkable!

Cbpearllover, a green gold clasp would be awesome, do you know where to find one?
Thank you Pearl Dreams, its such a difference don't you think?

Great comparison shots Charlotta. I completely agree that those 2 strands tend into the green tones ... and I adore them both! I'd buy both those strands if I knew they were green. Could be disconcerting if you weren't expecting the green tones.

No pearl photos here either.I live in Pennsylvania, where in January we have mostly one kind of day ... dark, damp and GREY. I WISH I lived in a neighborhood with my pearl friends ... ANY of my pearl friends, but especially those blessed with sun. I think I remember SUN. Closest I've gotten was the strobe lights in the hockey stadium with the grandson on the weekend lol ... sob ;)

Cbpearllover, a green gold clasp would be awesome, do you know where to find one?
/QUOTE]
Not yet, I found a few companies who carry green gold wire for wire wrapping, but no options yet for a clasp. Might be so obscure, it would need to be special ordered by an artisan. But after all, we are in search of the exceptional and unusual right? I'll keep looking and let you know if I find one.

BTW, I forget people on this forum are from all over the world also. I'm in Texas, and it's 70 degrees and sunny right now. I wish it was darker and colder, Texas can never decide if its summer or winter. The weather can literally change over 30 degrees either way in a day, causes many allergies and sinus infections.....

Charlotta, all of these are beautiful - I love the small pearls with the ripples, and am in awe of your patience with the multi-strand. I don’t generally care for goldens, but seeing your pictures, I’m tempted by those greenish ones from Kong’s.
It’s high summer here in Sydney, and the brightness of the sun blasts all the colour out of pearls - plus the beach isn’t really the place for pearls. But I’m vicariously enjoying all the lovely pearls here on PG.

Wow, amazing comparison. I like the green colors more than the gold.

Haha, I thought Floridapearl was in Florida.

Thank everybody, today it was cold and rainy, but when I drove home from work it started snowing instead. Then the road gets slippery. Ick.
I rather enjoy the greens as well, they go with everything, almost. In my wirewrapping books there were some clasp to wrap, maybe I could make one of those in green gold. Where did you find that green gold wire Cbpearllover?

After many photos in every part of the house, my ripplestrand. Couldn't capture the colors and iridescence of the pearls.
_20190109_135925.jpg
Tried to take a neckshot if my triple akoyas as well, but they were all blurry and the lighting dilluted the color.

The greens with the golden strand. Even the golden strand seems lighter.
_20190109_142719.jpg
And of the triple akoyas and the golden strand.
_20190109_143052.jpg

Back