My pearl project

They look absolutely wonderful good job on your for a fantastic job done! The lengths are perfect

Thanks for your compliments, ladies. Can't wait for the next project.

First, here is the neck shot
View attachment 46425
Thanks for the compliments and suggestions, ladies.
Katbran, I'll use parrot clasps for my next ones. I still have to amass some keshis.
Minasan, the earring settings are from beadsmaker on Etsy.
Sorry, I'm in a hurry now.
it looks great and it hangs well
you did wonderfully well

Pareltje, both Pearl Paradise and Kojima have used the smallest orbit clasps on necklaces for me; most recently my pistachio akoyas from Pearl Paradise this fall. I'm not at home right now; I'll try to measure those clasps for the size for you. I also thought I saw on Rio Grande; will look when I get home.

No matter what the clasps, you found a very clever solution ... and the necklaces are just gorgeous!!!

That's very pretty! How long are the strands?

Thanks again, ladies...
Cathy, the smallest orbit I found on Bella Findings was 13mm, that's unfortunately too big for my necklace. I thought spring ring clasps would have been too fiddly.
amti, they're graduated 50 cm- 62 cm- 75 cm.

Kat I have never heard that referred to as a "parrot" clasp....but they totally look like a parrot! I've always called them lobster claw and the pear shaped ones, pear lobsters.
JP-
I think they are sort of the same thing but it's always good to have a second search term. I quite like the low profile ones as they seem to blend with the chain a bit more...sort of a straight line . But...I do find .the Fat ones are a little bit easier to handle and open and close ( when they are a smallish size like 6mm )

I really like the necklace style .. erynpretty ! Well done !

Katbran, I think Rio Grande calls your parrot clasp lobster clas. They call the clasp I use trigger clasp.

Such a smart project! Congratulation, it turned out beautifully! And the neckshot is perfect!

Delightful necklace; love the versatility! Great job, Pareltje! Rio Grande has 3 sizes of the orbits in rhodium plated sterling silver. Not sure if there are multiple sizes in karat gold. Here's a comparison in sterling silver

P1010618.jpg

The orbit sizes aren't really quite as big as they sound either; Rio measures the tiny loop at each end, stretched out ... and also remember, one orbit replaces both the lobster claw AND the ring the lobster clasp hooks into, and also the clasp the rings are attached to, if one is used.

Delightful necklace; love the versatility! Great job, Pareltje! Rio Grande has 3 sizes of the orbits in rhodium plated sterling silver. Not sure if there are multiple sizes in karat gold. Here's a comparison in sterling silver

View attachment 46438

after the holidays, and when everything calms down, i need to get some of those

Best clasps ever, Duck :) Wish we could convince the manufacturers to offer more finishes.

Back