My new Tahitian pearl studs

pearley

If you recall I asked for your opinions on a few pearl earrings that I needed help choosing and I got these!
What do you think? Do you think the size is too big for my ear? It is a 11.3mm Tahitian pearl on 18k.

Attachments

• My first pearl earring.jpg
    My first pearl earring.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 30
There are no rules about which pearls are too big or too small. Have the pearls you want. Some people like pearl studs so small they look like they have a smudge of dust on their ear while I like something BIG.
If you like these and they make you feel fabulous, they are the right size.

I like them but 11-12 mm is my perfect size so yes i like your 11.3 :) Which pair did you end up choosing? Who's the seller?

That's such a personal choice. I think that is a popular look. Personally, I like to see a bit of ear lobe all around the pearl on me -- I am waiting for 9 - 10mm Tahitian studs and wonder if they will be too big on me (I have small ear lobes). If you love them, they are perfect!

I like them but 11-12 mm is my perfect size so yes i like your 11.3 :) Which pair did you end up choosing? Who's the seller?

Hi Bailey1856

I ended up getting these from ebay because they were the cheapest :eek: Here is the vendor picture.
Tahitian pearl.jpg

That's such a personal choice. I think that is a popular look. Personally, I like to see a bit of ear lobe all around the pearl on me -- I am waiting for 9 - 10mm Tahitian studs and wonder if they will be too big on me (I have small ear lobes). If you love them, they are perfect!

Hi BAS
These pearls are actually quite heavy that is why they hang off my ear abit :) One pearl is actually slightly smaller so the smaller one doesn't hang off as much and I can see the ear lobe more .

There are no rules about which pearls are too big or too small. Have the pearls you want. Some people like pearl studs so small they look like they have a smudge of dust on their ear while I like something BIG.
If you like these and they make you feel fabulous, they are the right size.

Thank you Wendy! I like my pearls big too but I didn't expect them to be so heavy on my ear. I am still trying to get use to wearing them for longer hours each day.

I really like them on you! I too use Lobe Wonders for my larger studs and they work great! Congratulations on your beautiful pearl earrings!

They look great. They don't look too big to me, but I guess it's a personal thing. Besides I have long dark hair so I am liking my earrings bigger and bigger these days; otherwise you can't really see them much... I got FW dangles 11-12mm last year and I love them. I think my next studs will be that size, too.

Pearley, I love the size on you! I don't mind them handing off the ears a little. Mine do at 10.5 as well as my freshwaters studs at 13 mm. I have small thin lobes too. I have ordered the extra large earring backs from PP, haven't received them yet. I also really love the earring backs in yellow 14K Gold Filled swirl 9 x 4 from Fire Mountain gems. I have ordered a second pair from FMG. Your earrings are lovely, may I ask where you purchased on ebay?

Frost Me -- I'll be interested to hear what you think of the large backs. I'm trying them today for the first time and they are working well for me.

Did you like them?
As for me - amazing look! And amazing earrings!

I love them, but with me, I pick the biggest that I can stand to wear.:) I do have a bigger earlobe and I have not experienced that as helpful to larger earrings. They just push the lobe toward my neck/head and hang down. So I use larger backings which help a lot. I think your earlobes look completely fine. :)

Back