My new Sea of Cortez Earrings

Jeweljunke

http://www.jeweljunke.com/photo

Hi all. I tried to attach some photos, but I guess I have run out of space. I'll have to delete some of the photos in my album (?). Anyway, I saved the photos to my website and put in the link. I do like it so much better when the photo is in the actual post, but I'll work with it...

Anyway, I purchased the loose pearls (11mm) from Douglas just before Christmas. My settings arrived in the mail today, and I was not about to let grass grow under my feet - I set them immediately. What cha think? I think...I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM. The colors that come off of a SofC pearl are amazing. I sure do wish I had enough $ to do an entire strand.

I will put more photos on my website and insert the links here.

Last edited:
Gorgeeeeeous! Of course I see all the colors as I am familiar with so many of the moods and tricks of light play on them.

I enjoyed your store too!

Caitlin - thanks. I'm a little embarrassed about the website. It's a work in progress. I just changed from yahoo for small business to this new web hosting company, and I've been way too lazy in designing and getting the shopping cart up and running again.

But - WOW - love Sea of Cortez. I am truly and forever addicted. And Douglas is the nicest person.

Beautiful pearls. Beautiful earrings. Wear them in good health. And Douglas is the nicest person.

Hi Dian

you made the jump to rounds !!!! - they are very beautiful - I think they are going to get worn a LOT :)

an entire strand...... hmmmm ........now you've got me thinking

would love to see some more photos

speaking of which, my P-G page used to indicate I was using about 5% of my photo capacity - just recently that has moved to 95%, and there is no way I have added 90% of the original, so something must have changed ?

Alex- re photo capacity - same here, it used to indicate that I was using very little space, but now I can't even up load one photo, even when I adjust the size smaller. I don't have a lot of photos in my albums, maybe someone who maintains PG can look into it.

And, I do have more photos of the earrings, but time consuming to list them the way I did, so..... I'll work on trying to get them on here. Needless to say, I LOVE them. Only problem is I keep taking them off just to look at them......silly girls ;)

Dian - looking forward to seeing those other picis when the photo thing on P-G is resolved

in the meantime, I was thinking that you might get get another pair - one to wear, and one to look at - especially if the 2nd pair were a bit different........... well, worth a thought :)

and yes, Douglas is a star

and his pearls are little stars

Last edited:
I had to delete a couple of pics from my PG Albums to post this picture...

Attachments

• IMGP2493.jpg
    IMGP2493.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 37
Plummy and very delish! Love the mauve plum overtones. Reminds me of the satsuma that grows in my fromtyard in Melbourne that should be coming into fruit right about now. Anyways, love how the pearls take on so many shades in different light. Got to get me some of those.

Last edited:
Jeweljunke, your Cortez earrings are yummy-looking. It's nice to see Douglas has some mauve ones, quite different from the usual greens. I also like your interchangeable setting. It's a good thing I can see your photo from the links today. I couldn't see them at work on Friday due to company blocking it.

Thanks girls. I wore them on plain gold hoops today. A little more casual. Also I have full diamond hoops I can switch to for more dressy days. Took me awhile when I first received the loose pearls to decide what color gold I wanted. I wear all colors of gold, and sometimes mix them - don't really care what others think about it! Anyway, I made a little puddle of gold out of my white gold chain and then my yellow and also a rose gold chain I have, and... damn, the pearls looked good on all the gold colors. It really was hard to choose. You should have seen me, running around with puddles of gold chains in my hand, and switching the pearls from one color chain to the other, and taking them under the kitchen light, sun light, etc. Yes, I am a little obsessed.

just lovely

"little puddles of gold" sound great too :)

I guess still no luck with the P-G photo thing

Mine is still showing 'almost full' having previously been 'almost empty'.......... ??

Last edited:
Back