my new metallic pearls

Elenayak

Community member
metalic.jpgMy new metallic pearls ordered from China arrived today. We were told by the retailer that they had to process 300 kg of pearls to select these. That seems like a lot of pearls.

metallic2.jpgSize is 9-10 mm, the color is sort of pink overall, but the pearls have some sort of golden-greenish hallow, which is shifting when pearls are turned. It is noticeable little bit on the lower left pearls on the picture. It all depends on the light. There is some variation of color between pearls but overall they look pink and very shiny.

Last edited:
Not unusual to have to go through many pearls to get the metallic. True metallic pearls are unusual even in wholesale bags of AAA grade. I might find three or four strands of metallic in a 1metre bag in a wholesalers, or a few pairs of singles in a whole big box of loose in Hong Kong

The color is very special. May we have a neck-shot? :)

I will have to practice this type of photo or ask my friend to help. For now I enclose the vendor's picture, it does more justice to the pearls than my picture. Their photography skills are much superior and I was using a phone camera. In a normal day condition you do not see all these colors, at least they are not that obvious, they may have used the light strategically to bring them out.222-024.jpg

Such a pretty photo!

I find with my metallic FW pearls that the subtle variation in colors shows up more on overcast days.

Back