My new Favorite Thing...

maiakity

So this whole beading thing has gotten to be an expensive hobby! I recently bought some SS pearls to make a series of stacking bracelets...I finished them yesterday and found out something awesome...they can be joined together to make a necklace as well!!! I added a drippy FW pearl charm at the bottom to add some weight and balance it out...nothing like a Two-fer when you are on a budget!!! :p

Bracelet:

Necklace!!!

the SS pearls do have some blemishes, but they also have good luster and beautiful hot pink and teal overtones which I couldn't capture in the pictures with my phone. I've got to stop buying pearls now...

Oh yes, I love the way you did that!

Materials do add up with beading.
I think one of the more useful things to learn is working with wire so you can make your own clasps, ear wires, pendants, charms, connectors etc.

I like the design. Both labradorite and pyrite go well with pearls and gold. On a semi-cheerful note, gold is crashing through all supports and may actually correct down to 1000. Silver is the same. Buying beads and findings will soon be less expensive. At least for a short while.

omg maiakitty, that/those is/are awesome! love, love!

i have used the magnetic clasps to join bracelets and strands together to make gigantic strands, and those are always fun UNTIL a bit gets too heavy for the poor little magnets and you end up with one long strand down your front, trying to find the other end looped somewhere in the mass of pearls around your neck and..

what, this doesn't happen to everyone?

Maiakitty, I love what you've done there! Love the bracelets. Very clever and attractive finding for the dangle.

Thanks for the giggle, Juliebeth.

I really like the bracelets but when they are used to make the necklace wow. Well done!

Back