My first knotted strand!

maiakity

I beaded a necklace for my aunt (and one for myself), but pearls were only accents so I really did't get a chance to see what my knotting skills were really like. Well, for my next project I knotted up a choker strand of these lovely pondslime pearls (with a few vermeil spacer beads thrown in for interest). I wanted this one to be a choker, so I think I may have enoughp pearls left over for a bracelet too! (If I throw in a few spacers :) )

I love the colors on these pearls, just lovely!

So...experienced knotters, what do you think, did I do alright???

Thank you!!! I'm overall pretty pleased with how it turned out, I was able to get the knotting tighter than I had expected. The vermeil beads are a little "shifty" where I put them back to back, but I don't think anyone will notice, and I think it looks good from a distance. I fear that I am going to need to change my screen name to "needsmorepearls" :eek:

I was fooled by your close-up shots into thinking they were honkers, then surprised by the dainty necklace. It looks fantastic on you - just perfect. Thanks for sharing it. :cool:

Very, very nice. Normally I wouldn't be too keen on spacers, but those gold ones look lovely with the colour of those pearls. Well done!

Great knotting job and the design is lovely..... totally classes up the jammies too :)

Back