My Apres RUCKUS diamond tiara

BWeaves! LUV the pieces you posted! really wish you brought the tiara home. !

Me, too. It was only $17,500.00 which is rather reasonable. But Greg keeps griping about we're supposed to be saving up for a new car for him, and he has a point. It's really his turn for a big purchase. But the more I look at that tiara, the more I like it.

Although, if one thing would have gone home with me, it would have been the pearl dog collar. That fit me like it was made for me, and it was comfortable.

Wow! How fun!! We went through SF to San Rafael. No antiques, but did manage a walk Amon the redwoods, a few more pearls, and a bit more fun. Big Sur Lodge now ... 12 guests and 500 firefighters ... we feel safe :)

CathyKeshi, your walk sounds delightful. About two years ago, we were driving in California, and I insisted that we stop so I could touch a redwood. However, what I didn't notice until too late is the tree had a vine growing up its trunk, and I guess I touched in the wrong place because I came down with poison ivy!

Bweaves - all the pieces you shared are beautiful and esp the tiara is lovely....
I have been checking out Lang's website too and it's great to know they are a genuine and nice.

Luvglitz, it might have been poison oak ... There was a lot. So far, we haven't gotten it. BWeaves, a tour sounds great; wonder if you were there same ay as us :).. We were only in Muir Woods about an hour, for a leisurely walk, late in the day and it was lovely. I took no photos, but Walter took some, when we get home, to computer I'll try to post a few. The lodge at Big Sur is in redwood forest, right over our balcony.

BWeaves, I've been telling Walter we don't really need a second car anymore ... He is suspicious LOL.

I can't remember what time we were at Muir Woods. 1 or 2 p.m. ish on 1-Aug-2016. But Greg wouldn't listen to me. I wanted to do the Cathedral loop and then back over Bridge 3. He wanted to do Bridge 4 and the little trail, but he wouldn't listen to me when I told him where the turn was and he started down the LONG trail, which was STEEP and uphill both ways. I kept telling him we were going the wrong way, but men and directions, sigh. We ended up having to turn around and run back to the tour bus. We were 5 minutes late and didn't get the leisurely stroll I hoped for, so I was not a happy camper. I don't think he was happy, either. And we weren't dress for that kind of hike. We were dressed for leisurely stroll.

Wow! How fun!! We went through SF to San Rafael. No antiques, but did manage a walk Amon the redwoods, a few more pearls, and a bit more fun. Big Sur Lodge now ... 12 guests and 500 firefighters ... we feel safe :)

haha! sounds like a great time! ..pictures of the big reds please!

BW, thanks for sharing your photos from Langs! Definitely a bucket list trip for another year!

Luvglitz, it might have been poison oak ... There was a lot. So far, we haven't gotten it. BWeaves, a tour sounds great; wonder if you were there same ay as us :).. We were only in Muir Woods about an hour, for a leisurely walk, late in the day and it was lovely. I took no photos, but Walter took some, when we get home, to computer I'll try to post a few. The lodge at Big Sur is in redwood forest, right over our balcony.

Yes, definitely poison oak out here on the west coast... Either one is no fun.

Cathykeshi and BW, your leisurely walk through Muir Woods reminds me of my parents comical honeymoon story. This took place back in the mid/late 60's. While they were driving around the woods enjoying the scenery they decided to take a leisurely stroll - the stroll turned into a small hike. Back then my mom said women dressed up with high heels most days. So she wasn't dressed for walk let alone hiking, but she hiked miles in high heels through the woods!!! What a trooper - she got lots of points for that!!

I love those vintage chokers, BWeaves - especially the first one and the multi strand one, both of which seem like they would be right at home in some 19th century ballroom. I am going to go look at the first one again....

Such Pretties and Fun! BWeaves. Love the Dog collar the stringing technique is daisy chain or some may say a Ladder stitch in beadwork. Easy enough to do. Love it gives such character.

Cheers

Amazing pieces! I wish I had places to wear jewelry like those. I guess I could wear a tiara vacuuming, huh? The piece that stole my heart was the brooch. <3

I literally walk past them almost everyday :)... (and I also know the folks there) but its been a long time since I stopped in...the window alone is enough to cause one to pause their step.

I think all you ladies can relive childhood, but with real tiaras, diamonds and pearls...you can wear them to Tea. It is in fashion to go to a little tea shop to socialize now that the cupcake phase has ended! And if you can't afford a $17,000 tiara...buy yourself a vintage seed pearl hair comb and put on your best manners LoL.

Amazing pieces! I wish I had places to wear jewelry like those. I guess I could wear a tiara vacuuming, huh? The piece that stole my heart was the brooch. <3

I would so do that!!! Tea shops and Tiaras. My kind of afternoon.

I've fantasized about opening a tea shop and putting my great grandmother's samovar in the window. I would call it "Fincan and Zarfs." I suspect only I would get the reference. A Fincan is a handless glass tea cup and a Zarf is the silver holder with the handle. They were popular in Russia and other countries.

I would never open a tea shop. Retail ain't my thang. But it's a nice fantasy.

I also thought that if I ever got a couple of dogs I would name them Fincan and Zarf.

Back