Mustika Pearls

pearlshoppe

I just found Mustika Pearls on internet. I have never heard of them and from what I did read they are considered magical and their origin is not from mussels but plants and animals. Sounds like kidney stones to me:rolleyes: It would seem they come from Indonesia and are considered "other pearls". Wasn't sure where to post my question, but can anyone enlighten me on the subject? :confused:

My intense albeit brief encounter with pearls has left no stone - bezoar or otherwise - unturned (thus my 600+ posts). The following threads here at Pearl-Guide are worth reviewing. Once again, the inclusiveness of this forum is on display!

The Nagasari Tree Pearl drop in the first thread below continues to be among the most satisfying of our 'pearl' acquisitions.

(especially towards the end)

There are numerous other pertinent threads as well, grouped under 'Natural Pearls.'

Jeremy,
Thanks! It was a more informative and interesting article than the one I found.:)

Steve,
Many pardons. I am guilty. I admit I haven't combed through all the threads, I seem to hit the "today's posts" too much without exploring enough:eek: I blame it on needing more than 24 hours in a day;) Promise to explore more before asking redundant questions.:)

I love cloud pearls. Just the thought that there could be such a thing -- and not have it melt. On another note, did you see the link for the Zebra Mussels? Someone is stringing them! Talk about nightmare on Pearl Street! I'd be afraid they'd cover me in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
Same here. But no need to apologize, as you succeeded in exhuming threads long buried!

Hi Steve,

You forgot one more thread. Common, you know, the one with William Shatner and his kidney stone...

Slraep

Awesome necklace! Although, I'd never thought of using invasive species as a source for jewelry.

And thanks to you Knotty, I'll probably have nightmares about zebra mussels!

Hi Steve,

You forgot one more thread. Common, you know, the one with William Shatner and his kidney stone...

Slraep
While human pearls are stratospheric in the shamanistic heirarchy, that thread was distinctly tongue-in-cheek (blasphemous) and unworthy of reintroduction. Notwithstanding, if someone manages to post a photo of Shatner's bezoar and it turns out to be even half as pretty as the Nagasari Tree Pearl (presuming the divinable presence of a living spirit), I'd be happy to post the link?

Knotty: Puzzled as to how the zebras come to play here?

While human pearls are stratospheric in the shamanistic heirarchy, that thread was distinctly tongue-in-cheek (blasphemous) and unworthy of reintroduction. Notwithstanding, if someone manages to post a photo of Shatner's bezoar and it turns out to be even half as pretty as the Nagasari Tree Pearl (presuming the divinable presence of a living spirit), I'd be happy to post the link?

Knotty: Puzzled as to how the zebras come to play here?

That's one link I will pass on:eek: And your question to Knotty- the zebra mussels "was transported to the Great Lakes in ballast water and on the hulls of ships", zebras are on this thread because we like to explore new horizons on PG:) and zebras in general (the four legged kind) by way of zoos? Sorry, Friday started early on the East coast; as they say it's five o'clock somewhere:p

While human pearls are stratospheric in the shamanistic heirarchy, that thread was distinctly tongue-in-cheek (blasphemous) and unworthy of reintroduction. Notwithstanding, if someone manages to post a photo of Shatner's bezoar and it turns out to be even half as pretty as the Nagasari Tree Pearl (presuming the divinable presence of a living spirit), I'd be happy to post the link…

There are some videos on YouTube of it, if you really want to compare it to the Nagasari tree pearl(somehow I think not). And I was wrong, he didn't sell it for $25,000, it was $75,000. It went to charity though. Maybe you are right---forget Shatner's bezoar, when it is the man himself that is priceless.

National Pearl seems to think highly of Shatner's bezoar(no. 8). It is on their World Record Gems page along side some other curiosities(they got the selling price wrong too). Caitlin and Knotty are familiar with no. 3.

http://www.nationalpearl.com/pe-14-pound-pearl.asp

Personally, I think it is blasphemous(cool word) for putting it on the same page as painite. Gem Geek are you equally shocked? What is the gem world coming to?

Slraep

Last edited by a moderator:
The link Jeremy supplied at the beginning of the thread also had a link to an article on zebra mussels being used in jewelry. No great mystery.

The link Jeremy supplied at the beginning of the thread also had a link to an article on zebra mussels?
Thanks, especially for the nudge to take a closer look at Pearl Society.

As there may not be another similar opportunity, thought I?d flesh out my contact with the strange and ancient world of ?pearls? on the Indonesian archipelago. Those who initially read or have now reviewed the threads linked in my first post above will have noted the inclusion of anonymous quotes from an Indonesian source as a willing third-party participant. That source is Dr. Leonard Lee, aka ?Luxamore?, a renowned authority and merchant of mustika pearls, talismen and other ?magickal? objects.

?Luxamore?s self-published article on Mustika Pearls and Bezoars.
?Website.
?What appears to be a UK corresponding site. (Could Luxamore be the Jeremy Shepherd of mustika pearls?)

The only prior photo of our Nagasari Tree Pearl here at Pearl-Guide was taken from Luxamore?s website. Here?s one taken this morning (inset: two unpolished darker examples currently for sale), together with the grain of scented fossilized resin provided as 'sustenance' for the spirit.

Our Nagasari Tree Pearl?s two-page certificate provides the following essential information, in addition to detailed instructions regarding summoning and focusing the powers of its psychic spirit.

Origin of Pearl: Nagasari Tree

Place of Origin: East Java, Indonesia

Description of Pearl: Tear-drop shaped, red in color; opaque; at its greatest width?15.6mm; length: 18.9mm; tumbled/polished; weight: 29 carats.

Virtues: Attracts luck; improves sales and social life; charisma; personal magnetism; healing; wards-off negative energies/forces.

Psychically Detected
Name of Spirit: Yana?(pronounced ?Yah-nah?)?feminine energies.

?Age? of Spirit: 95 years (in late 1997)

Mantra: ERAMSHI (EE-RUM-SHE)​

Attachments

• NAGASARI.jpg
    NAGASARI.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 46
Well, I could always use some improvement in my "sales and social life" and whatever the object is, the color, shape and size are lovely--I guess I forgot to ask to see that one when I made my visit to Seattle, Steve! Ah, there's always another time-------------;)

Well, I could always use some improvement in my "sales and social life" and whatever the object is, the color, shape and size are lovely--I guess I forgot to ask to see that one when I made my visit to Seattle, Steve! Ah, there's always another time-------------;)
Pattye,

Luxamore appreciates your open-mindedness. 'Yana' will be available for consultation on your next visit to Seattle!

Steve,
What do people do with their bezoars? Put them in their pocket, in a special box, in jewelry pieces? The only pictures I've seen are showing them loose. I just wondered:)

Back