Mikimoto box for sale...

Caitlin

http://cgi.ebay.com/Long-Gorgeous-Strand-of-Mikimoto-Cultured-Pearls-w-Box_W0QQitemZ8949217502QQihZ004QQcategoryZ43084QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Long Gorgeous Strand of Mikimoto Cultured Pearls w/Box

Item number: 8949217502
22 bids have it at $501.00

This should properly be titled Long Gorgeous Strand of Cultured Pearls w/ Mikimoto Box.. To be really honest, that is.

If you read closely, someone switched out the clasp. There isn’t a Miki clasp. So, you get the pearls and the box, almost as advertised.

A strand that long, from the 50's, with no graduation, and no Miki clasp. Hmmm... I do not collect vintage pearls, but something definitely rings odd about that one. It seems like an expensive price to pay for the box...

It sold for $732.99.

They advertise it as a Mikimoto strand, however they do not guarantee it. They are very careful to say:

"...We feel 100 percent certain that these are indeed Mikimoto (wait until you see them) but they are not signed. So we offer this: if they are not the most spectacular pearls you have ever seen ? return them, no questions asked. It is very hard to find a strand of this length! Please see our detailed pictures..."

That disclaimer keeps them out of trouble in the event someone accuses them of fraudulently claiming they are really Mikimotos.

Bill

PearlsAndJade.com said:
It sold for $732.99.

A shame they overpaid just to get the box. I like thier claim of "It is very hard to find a strand of this length!"

The thing that would have made me really stay away from this auction though is something that I just noticed. While they do say you can return them "no questions asked" thier fine print reads:

"...be sure to look at all the images in thier enlarged form and all items are sold AS IS." and "Items returned may be assessed a restocking fee of 20%"

Back