Mermaid Rope

I didn't realise that Chanel use immitation pearls in some of their pieces.

Most of the pieces that are widely available to purchase use imitation pearls. I would say that's the norm rather than the exception. I have seen very few pieces with genuine pearls, but it could be because the Chanel boutique in my city isn't large enough to receive the nicer fine jewelry pieces.

They also use imitatation baroque and free-form pearls. It's baffling when these pearls are typically not very expensive.

I don't know what costume jewelry prices are like now, but their pearl necklaces (faux pearls) started around $1,000 a few years ago f there weren't too many logos or other embellishments.

I didn't realise that Chanel use immitation pearls in some of their pieces.

I've reworked the vintage faux pearls and used raggdoll's idea to make one with alternating size. I did have to use bead caps on the ends and pick out a clasp but very happy with the results and hope my MIL loves it too.

This is about 34" and can be worn doubled, I still have leftover smaller pearls for a double strand bracelet which I will work on this weekend.

IMG_1202.jpg

The new necklace is wonderful! So glad your mil likes it. I hope it gets lots of wear.

It's crazy to me that designer brands can get so much for fake pearls. Why not reset real ssp with your Chanel strand? You'll not only have a ooak necklace, but one you can seriously flaunt! Plus, I'm sure it would look amazing!

Back