Lot of pearls

wow what a nice whole lot! How did you manage to capture the colour and tones as I clearly can see the combination of the whole lot. nice!

Thank you, Malaikity, Nurain and DaveTT!

The photos were simply taken under a normal white light :) The beauty of the pearls really just speak for themselves...no artificial editing is needed when nature just shines on its own. That is why I am so crazy about SSPs, they have such an amazing inner glow to me, soft and sultry and rich. Alluring alright!

Hi Perlinda,

Of course you may ask :) The pearls are from Indonesia!

And Hisano, you are right about them being yummy...they have such luxurious nacre! I wish I could sit in a room filled with SSPs, literally drown in them! Thank you too, Armita :D

Sorry, but i have to show a picture of some of my favourit ss.
They really look amazing, you can almost see yourself in them.
I think my camera sucks, it dosent really capture the glow and real colour.

If you look closely you see the reflection of my red shirt ;)

Lovely.jpg

Last edited:
I think it could be the lighting that affected the colour of the pearls in the photo. Then again there are some fancy colour SSPs especially when you come to the golden colours, they can appear slightly greenish and even brownish. Here's some photos of fancy coloured SSP.

IMG_2361.jpgIMG_2360.jpg

Thanks
I have been slowest to learn about ss pearls. Probably because I'll never have a chance in in the world to buy one! The quality of the ones being shown lately really have appeal to me, so I am coming around...

Thank you Valerene for answering my question. You have good collection of pearls, nice eye candies :)

As Valerene said, the color on Dave's pearls is probably affected by the lighting. But I've seen some unique colors of SSP before, I might make new thread about it...

Thanks
I have been slowest to learn about ss pearls. Probably because I'll never have a chance in in the world to buy one! The quality of the ones being shown lately really have appeal to me, so I am coming around...

You will have the chance one day! All you need is one good ss pearl to sit on your finger and you will be contented for a long time...till pearl greed kicks in again :D

Thank you Valerene for answering my question. You have good collection of pearls, nice eye candies :)

As Valerene said, the color on Dave's pearls is probably affected by the lighting. But I've seen some unique colors of SSP before, I might make new thread about it...

Thank you Perlinda! Can't wait to see your new thread :)

As an addition, though copper or 'tea' colour may seem far fetched for ssp, there are apparently real uncoloured/untreated copper ssp. Though very rare and originating from raja ampat regency of indonesia. Just words i get from a farmer there... No picture to show too. A natural copper coloured ssp, imagine that.

I hope you do make a new thread about it. What an educational resource that would be!

Back