Lop Nors found!

@BWeaves, ancient history on this forum. From 2006 or so. A former member claimed to have naturally red pearls called Lop Noors (and a bunch of other BS.)
There's a whole chapter about her in Tears of Mermaids.

These Loop Noors are a hilarious blast from the past! 😂

a hilarious blast from the past! 😂
She withdrew (booted more likely) in disgrace right around the time I joined. Some of her comments were far fetched, but her science was preposterous on pretty much every level.

Too bad too, because she had a fiery reverence and quite the hoard of pearls. Had she channelled that into something meaningful (early YouTube etc.), she might have done quite well.

So back in about 2005 I was sure I had found some genuine Lop Noors on eBay, temp strung, tucked them away. Found and knotted last year!
Not quite red, but bright copper-rose, green halo on most, excellent luster! Small freshwater! Have a good laugh on me! 🤣
IMG_4069.jpeg

So back in about 2005 I was sure I had found some genuine Lop Noors on eBay, temp strung, tucked them away. Found and knotted last year!
Not quite red, but bright copper-rose, green halo on most, excellent luster! Small freshwater! Have a good laugh on me! 🤣View attachment 468439
You snagged a beautiful strand! Those colors are hard to come by :)

Not quite red, but bright copper-rose, green halo on most, excellent luster! Small freshwater! Have a good laugh on me! 🤣View attachment 468439
Gorgeous pearls!

Back