Look what I found while eating a clam

JerseyPearl

In celebration of July 4th, we had clams this evening. While we didn't dig them up, we did buy them from local clammers here on the Shore. As I was preparing clams for the steamer, I decided to open a few to have raw with our cheese and cocktails. As I served the clams, as "chef" I only got one...I was too busy getting everything else prepped and ready. I joked before eating, that if I find a pearl, I'm going to play the lottery. Well, sure enough...fate was good to me! A very light lavender color quahog pearl was in my clam! Here are the photos. IMG_3519.jpgIMG_3523.jpgIMG_3520.jpg
Now, I need to go to buy my tickets for the lottery! Happy Fourth of July!!!

What great fortune!! Lovely natural pearl...can't wait to see what you do with it!

Oh, gosh, JerseyPearl! I am so delighted for you ... how lucky and wonderful ... can't wait to see what you do with your pearl! It's such a nice size and a lovely color combination too :)

Well, I don't have to say nice things about luck -- what a beauty you have there!

Thanks everyone! Cathy, I'm thinking I'm lucky because I didn't break a tooth. I thought it was a lump of horse radish from my homemade cocktail sauce, so I didn't bite down on it. I may have to ask Sheri if she can use this in an octo baby since the pearl is somewhat drop shaped.

What a nice little pearl - a lucky find! It would definitely work for an octo baby head, probably in the size that is just over an inch long.

Wow! What a great reward for the chef. Going to show dd and maybe she will eat them in hopes to find one when we go to the shore.

Really nice! I'm jealous! I'm Try to find many years!

This is so great! You of all people deserved to find that pearl!

Back