Light Box Kit

I'm not the best person to advise you on this Sheryl. I use a small light box, and just regular adjustable true color fluorescent lamps. It didn't come as a set. I like to leave it up all the time, so it is on top of shelving. I stand up to take the photos.

I use Sanoto light box and I like it. But lately I prefer taking picture under natural daylight on my balcony, so I'm using the box less and less.

With the light box..
IMG_7793.jpg

Natural light...
IMG_7796.jpg

I just struggle with pics, especially with Tahitians. Interestingly, I had much better results in the Hawaiian light (same camera) than the California light. Tahitians are very fickle.

And I like the bottom pic better, but the real question is which one looks the most like the pearls. I can get gorgeous pictures sometimes, but they don't match what I'm seeing. I want them catchy, but accurate.

After so many shootings with/without light box, I definetely hate light boxes for pearls, it is more suitable for metal jewelry than for pearls, see some comparison photos with/without and considerations by many members over here, and judge by yourself... good luck
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5461&pagenumber=

Back