Lavender Freshadamas - Which strand would you choose and why?

Hi Spaceneedle,
My necklace is finished and I'm wearing it as I type.
It came out at 39.5" long and teams very well with my 37.5" rope of slightly smaller but equally colourful and lustrous mixed lavenders that I've had a while.
And it looks so good that I'm very tempted to make another.....:D

I wonder if three long ropes worn together is o.t.t. ? ;)

If the light is good tomorrow I'll take some pics.
And hoping you will post some pics. of the one or four strands when you receive it or them.

Barbie - I asked them and they asked me back how many more pearls do I need? :eek:

To which the proper reply is... "I don't know... How many pearls are there?":D

--Stephen

Most definitely NOT!!

I agree, most definaately not...

Look at Queen Elizabeth I. She wore multiple ropes of pearls all the time and started a trend in Europe in the 16th Century.

cheers
Ash

Amrita,
No, sorry, I haven't done so yet.
By the time I've gotten around to it the light has gone so will try again today.

Dear Spaceneedle:
(Cute moniker, howcome everybody has such inventive names?).
Did you ever watch "Tool Time"? Somebody asked Tim the Toolman one day "Who needs 16 screwdrivers?" His answer? "People Do".

Originally Posted by SpaceNeedle
Barbie - I asked them and they asked me back how many more pearls do I need?
It's really a math question and the answer is not additive, it's exponential.
barbie

Hi Amrita,
The pics. are in my album at last.
I don't wish to hijack Spaceneedle's thread. :eek:

Hi Amrita,
The pics. are in my album at last.
I don't wish to hijack Spaceneedle's thread. :eek:

Oh Sueki!! Please post your pics here. To me, we're all friends. I have more serious issues to worry about at the moment than worrying about pearl threads I started.

Hi Sueki,

Thank you for posting your new pics - the lavenders are just beautiful. Nice colour changes throughout. How long did it take to arrange??
Amrita - nice pearls.

Thank you, Spaceneedle, for kindly allowing these pics.
The necklace on the left, in the photo. of two necklaces, is using pearls from Druzy.
Amrita's lavenders are the necklace (coiled anticlockwise) on the right of the photo.
All of Amrita's pearls measured slightly bigger than stated.
The necklaces are 37.5" and 39.5".
The third rope is temporarily strung, waiting to be knotted.

Nerida, thanks for your comments; it did take me quite a while to sort the pearls as I was a bit picky about the colour mix - tried to get an even distribution of all the different overtones.
I just love to look down and see all those pretty, glowing colours; like softly shimmering silky rainbows......:)

Attachments

• 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 0010.jpg
    0010.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 0008.jpg
    0008.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 36
wow, they are beautiful. The colours graduate beautifully. Come on - you wrote this request, Sueki - Put 'em on!!

Last edited:
Oh, these beautiful necklaces were definitely worth the wait, Sueki! Thanks for showing them here.....just gorgeous! It gives a different kind of pleasure to see one's pearls as a part of a beautiful creation!:) Thanks a ton, Susan!

Oh yes, it would be quite another visual delight to see you wearing them, of course, I have to say!:)

Nerida, thanks for the compliment on my pearls - but believe me they look more beautiful after Susan has so expertly and patiently strung them!:)

Sueki,

the strands are beautiful matched in both size and colour. I looked at your albums but had a bit of a problem at the beginning as the pearls are in the background and do disturb the written things... is it supposed to be like that? Anyway I love your historical pieces - the pendant and the bracelet - vow - I wish I had the money for that one, I would buy it immediatelt - lovely pieces - all your pieces and strands that is!:):)

Inge,

There is a link on the member's profile page to "Show All Albums" and if you click on that, you can see the album pictures better.

But I was puzzled at first too-- I haven't seen that before either (I refer to the photo background to the writing.) My page doesn't look like that so it probably wasn't a glitch.

Thanks everyone for your comments.
Nerida, oh, yes, hoist by my own petard....:D
Will try for some pics. today - the sun is shining for once !!
Inge, I see your point and have tried to modify the page but I've forgotten how....:eek:
I'll have another go later when I have more time.....

I am wearing overtones of green (with envy) right now! Fabulous pearls and beautifully strung!

I just love to look down and see all those pretty, glowing colours; like softly shimmering silky rainbows......

I still remember the first time I saw that happen---I was so amazed!!

Last edited by a moderator:
All

Due to the uncertainty of my job at the moment, I have decided to put my purchase on hold. My disappointment is beyond words.

I believe all these gorgeous 4 strands are still available for lucky buyers out there. I personally saw the strands and they were truly amazing.

How disappointing for you! But the economy is difficult right now and it makes sense to be careful with spending if your job feels less secure than normal (to whatever extent any job can be considered truly secure any more.)

My husband was out of work for a block of time last year, and where he is working now, he's the "last to come" --so he could be the "first to go" if they lay off. We canceled our plans to go to a much-anticipated gem show this past weekend for that very reason.

When things are more settled, you will be able to order a few strands again and post more photos-- and we'll all come on with our opinions again. Who knows, you may find a strand you like even better then. ;)

Back