Kojima Pearl

GemGeek

Pearlista
If you can't get to Tucson or one of the shows that Sarah does, maybe you can visit her awesome website. Here are some pearls from Sarah that Jeremy drilled for me.

The earrings are Japan Kasumi pearls and the pendant is a freshwater...

DSCN3228.jpg

I like the scruffy texture!
DSCN3229.jpg

DSCN3230.jpg

This color is more accurate...
DSCN3232.jpg

Thanks Sarah! ;)

Blaire, I like the pendant too. The wire wrapping is very unusual. I kept looking and could not figure out how you attached the tiny clusters.

Is the cluster's center really a ball headpin?

Yes, it's the cluster at the end of a headpin. Jeremy was having a hard time understanding how I would attach something after drilling straight through the front. It's one of those things where the pearl dictates how you'll set it. I love it too, thanks! ;)

Thanks Blaire... I am blushing! Thanks for posting photos of what you are up to with the pearls... I love to see what people make, after our pearls find new homes! Cheers and keep up the good work!

Sarah, I will post tomorrow more pictures of what happens with your wonderful pearls.
I just got from my jewelrer a gorgeous ring with your large Tahitian keshi pearl, and charming earings with oval Tahitians. Tried to make photos myself now but in the evening light the colours are not in their best.

Blaire, my compliments to the latest creations!

Last edited:
Here we are.

First the earings. The pearls were wonderful, glowing and colourful. And Marcel, my jeweler, made the best of it, I think. The creoles that carry pearls, are very small and delicate, just around the ear, so that they don't dominate over the pearls but beautifully accentuate it.

KojimaMarcelearings-vi.jpg

Second, the ring. This was a difficult one (a beautiful jumbo keshi had a very irregular form) but also went well I think.

KojimaMarcelring1-vi.jpg

KojimaMarcelring2-vi.jpg

KojimaMarcelring3-vi.jpg

Sarah, thank you very much indeed for the gorgeous pearls!

Ooooh, Olga, I love both the earrings and the ring! The earring pearls are utterly luscious and the creoles so enhance their beauty with their unmistakable but understated elegance. The ring is beautifully done too...the irregular keshi is so protectively encased, giving it such a precious look. It suits your hand so well.

Congratulations Olga! My compliments to Sarah, and to your jeweller Marcel for their contributions to such gorgeous creations! :)

Olga, your jeweler did a fabulous job! I have earrings similar, took one to show Jeremy on Friday and promtly lost it. <sigh> That is as fine a setting for a keshi as I have ever seen and it looks wonderful on your hand. ;)

Olga, Thank you.. what a great way to wake up! I am very happy to see this ring! You and Marcel are a great design team! I love the way it was set, to allow viewing to the bottom of the pearl, and it looks very comfortable to wear. I remember that pearl, it was very unusual with little "hints and splashes" of color. The ring is very elegant and I give you FIVE STARS!
Thank you.. More please!

Olga,
Lovely choices in pearls, and beautiful work from your jeweler! I have not heard the term "creoles" before. However, have the similar style hoop without diamonds, and it is very pretty and comfortable, so I am certain you will reach for those earrings often. The ring is amazing also, love the size and setting--!

Pattye, I did not realize that 'creoles' is a purely Dutch word for 'hoop' -it's useful to know! :)

Thanks everybody for response. I was going to send this to Sarah anyway, and then Blair came forward with this thread, I could not resist.. Although it was not my idea to take over the thread.

Blaire, your pendant is gorgeous!

Olga, your jeweler did a fabulous job! I have earrings similar, took one to show Jeremy on Friday and promtly lost it. <sigh> That is as fine a setting for a keshi as I have ever seen and it looks wonderful on your hand. ;)

Blair, sorry about the lost earring!
Can Marcel and me help you out??? :D

Let's make this a thread for everyone to post Sarah's pearls! ;)

Ah, the earring. I can get another set, but I also lost the best pearl from the earring set, one of Jeremy's pearls. <sigh> It might yet turn up. Let's keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Back