Keshi south sea pearls - opinions?

pearlears95

Hi everyone, pictured are my first pair of south sea keshi pearls - bought them because they have that unique heart shape but unsure if I had been better off with a smoother rounder looking pair?

What would you choose? What do you think of the lustre and shape of the pearls? Xx

Heart Shape South Sea keshi pearl studs

Your keshi hearts are lovely! Jeremy, I saw a vendor with one of those heart south sea pearls last Tuscon, although I don't recall who it was. I was tempted to make a floating heart pearl necklace with it...but it was pricey and I wasn't sure if it was really a GSSP as I didn't know there was a farm doing these shapes.

Your keshi hearts are lovely! Jeremy, I saw a vendor with one of those heart south sea pearls last Tuscon, although I don't recall who it was. I was tempted to make a floating heart pearl necklace with it...but it was pricey and I wasn't sure if it was really a GSSP as I didn't know there was a farm doing these shapes.
They definitely are pricey. I was told they grow about 200 of them per year, and that was before the pandemic so I don't know what the situation is now. They are really beautfiul!

There is a farm in Indonesia that produces a few (intentional) heart shapes every year. There is one dealer in Hong Kong who typically has a couple of suites presented at the show.

View attachment 464179
The color looks as if from a Pteria penguin and not a Pinctada maxima. Really interesting!

Hi everyone, pictured are my first pair of south sea keshi pearls - bought them because they have that unique heart shape but unsure if I had been better off with a smoother rounder looking pair?

What would you choose? What do you think of the lustre and shape of the pearls? Xx

View attachment 464175
These are lovely! I don't think you can be wrong with these.

There was a fun heart shape from Blaire's (GemGeek) trip report to Eyris.

Heart Shape Eyris blue abalone pearl

Your new earrings are lovely, pearlears95! You could always find "rounder" more traditional shapes later, if you want, but these are unique and very pretty.

View attachment 464175
@pearlears95 - I would love to know where you got these from - they are EXACTLY what I am looking for (as loose pearls or even just as the earrings like you have)! Could you please share me the details of where you got these from or indeed where I might be able to find some loose? I’ve been learning silver jewellery making, and am keen to make something with pearls. I’m in Australia if it makes a difference…

Kamoka has some very baroque Tahitian keshi pearl studs, and some are white. I don't know if they have any that are heart shaped. Kamoka.com

Back