Island Adventure and Pearl Collecting

JoanAU

Hello guys,

I would just like to show the pearls that I have collected in a secluded island in Cebu. All of these natural pearls were acquired by visiting the houses in the island. The residence there are mostly deep sea divers. I have only been there for 2 weeks and I can't wait to get back there soon. :eek: :)
DSC_0347 - Copy.jpg
DSC_0348-1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! You have quite a variety of pearls! What a great collection!

What an interesting collection. Are the bright white ones actually pearls?

What an interesting collection. Are the bright white ones actually pearls?

Thank you BWeaves :) the big white ones came from what they call in local name a "manlot" shell . I weighted it earlier, its actually 73.6 ct. I'm hoping to get ones with a beautiful flame when I returned there.

117.jpg

JoanAu,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure. I read a book titled Pearl Diver when I was twelve. It was the spark that sent me on some great adventures in the world of gems.

Richard

Sweet! Those shells appear to be Tridacna squamosa and they can produce pearls with a flame pattern.

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing collection. It is wonderful to see these natural pearls up close.

Wow...Thanks...Hope you find some flames next time.

Also the French Blue book is very interesting!!!

Hello guys :D ,I just got back home from my pearl adventure in some of the beautiful secluded islands in the Philippines. It's my second visit there and it was perfect timing because it is their deep sea diving season. I brought home some really cool natural wild pearls and I hope you guys like them. My husband thinks I might be a little obsessed with pearls now, but I don't care, natural pearls are awesome!!

Attachments

• b 01.jpg
    b 01.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 35
  • b 02.jpg
    b 02.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 39
  • b 03.jpg
    b 03.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 34
  • b 05.jpg
    b 05.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 33
  • b 04.jpg
    b 04.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 34
  • b 06.jpg
    b 06.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 35
  • b 10.jpg
    b 10.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 34
  • b 07.jpg
    b 07.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 44
  • b 08.jpg
    b 08.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 36
  • b 09.jpg
    b 09.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 37
Beautiful natural pearls JoanAU, such a variety too of colours and sizes, I love the uniqueness of them. Do you have an eventual plan for these beauties? Thank for sharing:)

Thank you, Simply adorned. I don't know what to do with these yet, aside from taking it out again and again from my drawer and staring at them. haha. But I might have to sell some of them to support this hobby.

Wow!!! How did you find so many natural pearls! That's an amazing collection!

JoanAU, your pearls are amazingly beautiful ... Thanks for sharing them with us! Pearl obsessions most welcome here :)

Wow!!! How did you find so many natural pearls! That's an amazing collection!

Thanks amti :D, I handed a phone number to the divers (one specially for pearls) the last time I visited two islands. The places are really isolated, takes hours by sea to get there on a small boat and very few are able to go in and out. If one diver finds a pearl, the community would know about it. There are hundreds of small islands in the Philippines and I'm planning to grow my network by visiting other islands next time I visit. Every pearl is very unique and beautiful and I get really excited every time the phone rings.

Back