Intergem Show in Dallas

Luvglitz

I just spent the better part of yesterday at the gem show in Dallas. Even though it was raining, the line formed 30 minutes before the show opened. This show runs the gamut from estate jewelry, pearls, beads, findings and the gaudiest costume jewelry. I headed to the wholesale area first. I was disappointed to find that the area was only two thirds filled with vendors. Merchants I had purchased from in past years were in attendance. However, prices were up significantly for fresh water pearls and quality was down. Also, for the most part, quantity was down as well. I guess they weren't able to make good buys this year. Without making a single purchase, I headed out to the general sales area. I found a vendor there that I had bought from in the past. I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted whole strands of mauve pink Edison like smooth freshies in huge 12-15mm sizes. I couldn't help myself, I bought the whole hank which was 4 strands. I also bought golden pondslime ripples. The Edison look alikes are pinky mauve, with just a few metallics in the strands. The quality is wonderful and they were relatively inexpensive. The smallish goldens were inexpensive. I will make either a tin cup or multi strand necklace with them. . Lots of projects for the cold months ahead.

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 32
Yay Luvglitz, fastastic new acquisitions! The colors suit the transitional season, I think. Hope we get to see the pictures of the final design.

This is wonderful! I hauled myself out of my sick bed yesterday and went to the Gem Faire in Orange County to see John Tu. I haven't been to the Orange County show for at least five years and John immediately tells me I just missed Hisano, who also hasn't been there in years. Must be the day for going to the gem shows. Anyway, I was able to give John some beautiful photos from GIA of a special collection of experimental cultured pearls. Maybe they will make an appearance at the next ruckus.

Previously, I was gone to Paris for a long trip with Mamacita and I have been very ill since I returned. I have lots of potential articles as soon as my brain unfreezes. Thanks to Pearl Dreams and the PG team for helping out.

I missed my PG Peeps!

GemGeek, I am so sorry to read that you've been so ill!!
I hope you are on the mend now?

Sorry you have been ill, Blaire ... we did indeed miss you! Happy to hear about the "Paris" part though :) And ... "experimental cultured pearls" ... PLEASE DO tell us more !!!!!!!!

Back