I this a real saltwater Tahitian Pearl necklace?

gevarch

IMG_3383.jpeg

Good Day,

These have some weight on them. I’m new at purchasing a pearl necklace. Do these look real or are they just dyed freshwater pearls or worse, fake? Thanks so much for your input!

I this a real saltwater Tahitian Pearl necklace?I this a real saltwater Tahitian Pearl necklace?I this a real saltwater Tahitian Pearl necklace?I this a real saltwater Tahitian Pearl necklace?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a strand of Chinese freshwater pearls, dyed to look like Tahitian pearls.

Thanks for the feedback which is the second response with the same answer. I contacted the seller who stated the necklace was appraised to be Tahitian pearls and the description listed it as being Tahitian South Sea Circle - Bora. This clearly is not the case.

No, not the Tahitian pearl price, but it was way more than I should have paid for dyed freshwater pearls from China. I am returning the necklace yes and getting a refund. How much would a strand with real Tahitian baroque pearls come in at?

I'm sorry to hear about that, but you're doing the right thing. These don't really look at all like baroque Tahitian pearls. A strand of baroque Tahitians can cost a few hundred for a lower-grade circle strand, to several thousand dollars - even tens of thousands for exceptional, large baroque strands. The range is tremendous.

No, not the Tahitian pearl price, but it was way more than I should have paid for dyed freshwater pearls from China. I am returning the necklace yes and getting a refund. How much would a strand with real Tahitian baroque pearls come in at?
Reputable online vendors are available in your country, for sure. Look around their eStores and compare, also take notice of their Return Policy. A good return policy will afford you the ability to make the purchase, receive the item, wear it and decide if you LOVE IT...if not then return it and chose another one!

Back