I finally get the Tahitian love

battah

After receiving a Tahitian pearl order from PP, NOW I understand the Tahitian madness. They're beautiful! I didn't even get very high-end ones, but they knock my socks off. The metallic shine is amazing, definitely different than the look of metallic freshwater pearls. And the colors! Wow, I love them so much. As I posted in the Beader's forum, I knotted these up with silvery white akoya keshi, also from PP. I'm completely in love with this necklace! I've been wearing it every day, even my rainbow ripples have been sidelined (and that's hard to do).

My plan is to keep adding more Tahitians to this strand as I go, picking pearls individually. I love the look of a harvest strand, but when I make irregular pieces like that, I like to add to them gradually so I can get a feel for the distribution and sizing of the pearls. So I'll be restringing it a few times before it's completely done.

I'm sharing pics because everyone loves pics, but would note that the pearls are way prettier in person. I can't get good pictures of all of the colors in them, they're more colorful in person.

IMG_0647.jpgIMG_0651.jpgIMG_0656.jpg

Beautiful strand battah! The akoya keshi almost seem to sparkle and the Tahitians are just gorgeous! Please keep posting photos as you restring it.

Thanks, all! My Tahitian keshis arrived today and are very pretty (not as colorful as the PP ones, but still beautifully lustrous), so I'm going to try to add them to this strand this weekend. I'll post photos.

Instead of a harvest strand, I like to think of this one as an artist strand - fabulous! :)

Yay! Love how you strung them with the keishi's! I don't know if I've seen that before, it really sets them off (and makes them more "daily wearable" I think than a straight strand, something I struggled with with my Tahitians before I restrung them on chain). Enjoy!

Jodie

(Oh, I missed your beautiful engagement and wedding ring on first glance! Love them! Is the engagement ring a vintage setting?)

Last edited:
Thanks, ladies! GemGeek, you made me blush <3

Jodie, I think they're definitely more wearable for every day like this. I wore them today with a cardigan and jeans and I think they looked pretty good.
Thanks re: my ring! The engraved band is my wedding ring, the thin bezel band is just a fun stacker, and the ring is a Hugo Kohl in unplated white gold. I love his stuff! It's not my engagement ring (my e-ring is a marquise with side stones), but lately I love wearing this one.

Pic from today, wearing it doubled and twisted a bit so it looks more irregular. I love the texture the different sized pearls give.
IMG_20131116_134130.jpg

Thanks! I've been reaching for it over all of my other pearls, even my beloved rainbow ripples.

Really good job Battah! It looks just lovely against your porcelain skin!

Jodie

Thanks, ladies!

Hmm I restrung it last night and added the Tahitian keshi pearls, and now I'm not so sure about it. I'll try to get some pics tonight and will post them for opinions. I think I'd rather just add a few more larger Tahitians and take the keshi out.

The little white pearls are very cute. They look like little teeth.

What I like about the akoya keshi is that the Tahitian pearls almost "float" on the white strand. Maybe you can do the opposite with the Tahitian keshi and put big white pearls in-between. :)

(Every time I see your thread I think I'm reading "I finally get the Tahitian Lover". Sigh.)

Maybe. Each time there's a bit of a let down when no Tahitian lover shows up.

I think it's tberg's odyssey that set the stage - sun, sand, tattooed men...oh well, it's going to freeze in Pittsburgh tonight; Winter's here. The kitties go to the door and poke their noses out, and look at me as if to say "No. Not seriously?". (We had snow. In the air. On the ground.)

Who doesn't dream of sun, sand and tattooed men when the days get shorter?

(If only I didn't feel this mad compulsion to grab an eraser and start erasing the tattoo, the fantasy would be inspiring)

Last edited:
Back