I destroyed my freshadamas !!!!

Thank you all for your approval of my destruction.
My husband maintains that I should be happy having maximum 3 strands of pearls. According to him: I'm so busy redoing what I just finished, that I do not need any more "jobs in progress"...:D

I love the use of the branch pearls. They are such interesting and challenging shapes. May I attempt something similar with some I have in stock? I am thinking brooch and enhancer
thanks
Wendy

I love the use of the branch pearls. They are such interesting and challenging shapes. May I attempt something similar with some I have in stock? I am thinking brooch and enhancer
thanks
Wendy

Feel free to borrow the idea... I like the fact that you like it enough to try to do something along this line. When I bought those funky stick pearls I was thinking of earrings / simple pendents... I did not like what I produced, so pearls stayed in my drawer for few month. Last week, while looking again at all the pearls that I bought and did not use yet, it hit me how to put those sticks together to get something different and interesting.. at least to me....

I made necklaces and bracelets - again combining branch pearls and round pearls - love the contrast. Only got one necklace left in the made up department (http://www.pearlescence.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/104_106/products_id/1287)

Thanks for the permission. much appreciated. Have you used all yours up?

Nice necklace. How does it "sit" on the neck ?? Those sticks, aren't they "poking" out ???
I still have some of those pearls, But I had already requests from my friends to something similar for them. The pendent that I showed here with freshadamas, looks very nice on simple snake chain. The big "flower" could be a nice broach. I just attach it to whatever strand I want using a silver shortener.
I just bought similar white sticks. I need do do something with white freshadamas. I never wear it as it is.... any ideas ??? Now I could borrow some.....

It is a bit 3-d - needs to be worn with a very simple evening dress, for example, prob strapless and hair up. They can also poke in - but one must suffer for dramatic effect!

You could put the pendant on an enhancer then it can be fitted to any sort of necklace?
I was asked for brooches quite often and there seems to be a lot of interest in pearl rings too - must get making them. I have some single Kamokas

I think they are very interesting - good for you, no sense having them sit in a box if you weren't wearing them.

It is a bit 3-d - needs to be worn with a very simple evening dress, for example, prob strapless and hair up. They can also poke in - but one must suffer for dramatic effect!

You could put the pendant on an enhancer then it can be fitted to any sort of necklace?
I was asked for brooches quite often and there seems to be a lot of interest in pearl rings too - must get making them. I have some single Kamokas

I made few rings. I buy silver settings and then try to find a pearl that will fit in it. Made some nice ones. I'll take pictures a post them here...

Excellent recycling results :)

DK :)

P.S. Now that I know lavender pearls suit my skin tone, I have added a lavender Freshadama strand to my wish list after a nice round strand of Tahitians :D

My husband maintains that I should be happy having maximum 3 strands of pearls. According to him: I'm so busy redoing what I just finished, that I do not need any more "jobs in progress"...:D

What would he rather prefer, you spending the money on new strands, or recycling existing ones? ;)

He should be glad that you are saving him money by not buying new ones ;)

A girl can never have too many jewellery IMHO, one needs to have jewellery for all occasions, just like clothes and assessories :D

Would he wear t-shirt and jeans to a black tie event? I think not! :p :D

DK :D

Thank you all for your approval of my destruction.

Tell him he should then be happy to record and watch the same 3 Super Bowls, oh wait Canada - OK, Stanley Cups, over and over. That would certainly make the point to my hubby!

Can't wait for football season to end so something gets done around the house. :rolleyes:

Ivona sorry to come late to the party here, but I just LOVE what you have done with your Freshadamas! Creative and exquisitely done. Congrats, and hey, husbands can be boring sometimes...

What would he rather prefer, you spending the money on new strands, or recycling existing ones? ;)

He should be glad that you are saving him money by not buying new ones ;)

DK :D

>>>>>>>>his problem is that I'm buying like there is no tomorrow..... so I COULD save money, but I don't !!:D:D:D

Tell him he should then be happy to record and watch the same 3 Super Bowls, oh wait Canada - OK, Stanley Cups, over and over. That would certainly make the point to my hubby!

. :rolleyes:[/quote

he is a "post stamps collecting type"...... but I like your argument - I have to adapt it to him...

Oh my, how utterly gorgeous Ivona!!
Love your creations,
Carolyn

Now... this really made me blush...

This is a Cooke Island Tahitian bracelet from Carolyn... after ( of course) I redid it ;) (but only with components from Her !!!:D
a.jpg

Ivona sorry to come late to the party here, but I just LOVE what you have done with your Freshadamas! Creative and exquisitely done. Congrats, and hey, husbands can be boring sometimes...

sometimes ??????????????????????

I'm afraid I've come late, too - but just wanted to say how much I like your creative destruction! I really like how the second one you show sits around your neck. A great idea.

That was a GREAT thread title, by the way!

A lovely necklace with the cascading sticks into a lovely "pendant".

Back