how long should I expect refunds after I return my pearls

pearlydust

I do not want to name names, not yet.

I made two purchases from two separate online pearl retailers. I didn't like neither of the necklaces. I returned both necklaces on the same day. They went by the same USPS level of service to two retailers in the same area. Based on the USPS tracking #, both packages got delivered on the same day.

Retailer #1 sent me the refund promptly, with email notification telling me it's coming. I saw the funds showing up in my bank account in 2-3 days. Case closed.

Retailer #2 went radio silent. No acknowledgement of receipt. No info on when I expect refund. I sent email and vmails but no responses, not yet.

What's a reasonable level of expectation I should have regarding the time frame?

It's a relatively large amount of funds by my standard, should I be worried?

If you paid by credit card, you can always call the credit company if the retailer does not get back to you. I got money credited that way in the past. This of course, if there was a clause that you can return the merchandise. If the small print rules out returns, you may be in the dust.

thanks Pearl Dreams and Ramona

I got a return authorization code and I am allowed to return within 90 days. So my return should be valid.

The USPS delivery confirmation showed delivery. (unless they made a mistake...)

I tried calling but both times it went to the vmail. Nobody returned my calls. It's just very weird. If they would emailed me a RMA code after I left a vmail before why wouldn't they leave me a vmail or email me now.

Unfortunately I used my debit card. I called my bank and it will help me after 15 days, but I don't have the same level of protection as using a credit card. I will never use my debit card for high value pearl purchases again... :(

Is there anything on their website that indicates they are on vacation for a specified time?

Back