Hong Kong ? 2019

Very cool and interesting posts, Katbran. Thank you for letting us into your shopping trip!

Hello from Hong Kong...Kowloon actually . Cool and damp here , grey skies and hazy . But the streets are bustling as ever? Got in Friday night and it’s been non stop pearl pick Mg ever since. I apologise as I’ve posted on Instagram since loading the photos is a bit easier , but I’ll try to do some here as well .

First of all I’ll show you a pearl office ! Many are here in Kowloon in high rise buildings . A few of my favourite stops have moved out quite a ways and require a taxi , so I’m going to catch them at the show . Hopefully they will have replenished some stock this weekend. View attachment 65745 they all are the same , metal shelving with bins full of lower end and trays with the higher end . Huge bags are stacked against the shelves and all over the floor ! This is one little corner of one room . This company has two separate work areas with offices and a large open area with trestle tables for sorting creating and matching .

ooh just started following your instagram.. i love seeing all the pics!!! amazing
!!! i studied in hk before.. I wish i was into pearls back then..

Thanks for flipping the photo, CathyKeshi. I kept wondering why they would put those heavy boxes upside down...

Back