Homage to Abalone

You forgot to mention that you have 8 canine teeth and are allergic to starlight.

mikehrz said:
You forgot to mention that you have 8 canine teeth and are allergic to starlight.

Is she also wearing the bloody(no pun intended)red pearls?

Seriously
I have not had any luck with the Lop Noors, yet- but I am on the lookout.
I think China is the heart of red pearl country so I'll have some colleagues scour the back alleys for some really, really genuine red pearls. I heard that if you want undyed natural Lop Noors, you have to get them in apothecary shops... They never make it to factories, but get snatched up by the rhino horn, dragon tooth traders.

In the coming months, I hope to be able to unveil the fruits of my labors hunting these babies down. :D

And of course, this forum will be the site of my revelation.

BTW I did get some Biwis with alomost perfect sakura color. I haven't strung them yet, or photographed them- maybe tomorrow,

Caitlin Williams said:
BTW I did get some Biwis with alomost perfect sakura color. I haven't strung them yet, or photographed them- maybe tomorrow,

Arrrgggghhhh, ******* ****, no, not the Biwis too, Caitlin.

I'm curious to know just what the story is on how you got those! You really are building up a "faux" exotic pearl collection of envious proportions. Pretty soon loads of people will be contacting you, begging you for your spares. Certain people will even use special "techniques" to extract them from you, so watch out.

Slraep

Biwis are actually Chinese for Biwa, but that name is trademarked, thus Biwis. Some of the biwis I got this year are Tihitian biwis-very rare- very rare indeed.;)

Hi Ana
I am not into that "reflect your Inner Biwi" stuff any more, it is so 80's........ Been There....... My Biwis are strictly wearable on the outside. :p Below is an inner Biwi.

Attachments

• biwis 2.jpg
    biwis 2.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
To the folks who will come along and read this in the future: While my necklaces are real, I made them all from CFWP most of which I got from Evergreen Trading Co at the show.

The stories are just for fun, even though they refect the enormous flexibility of the CFWP as an ornament. You can find a CFWP willing and able to faux for just about any other kind of pearls

I hope I got you believing at least some of it - even while you know I'm talking hooey. :D :D :D

Just to be extra clear about it, hooey means any of the following: blatherskite, bosh, claptrap, double-talk, flapdoodle, drivel, pishposh, rubbish, twaddle; gibberish, babble, Greek, jabber, jabberwocky, nonsense

Caitlin Williams said:
Just to be extra clear about it, hooey means any of the following: blatherskite, bosh, claptrap, double-talk, flapdoodle, drivel, pishposh, rubbish, twaddle; gibberish, babble, Greek, jabber, jabberwocky, nonsense

Them is mighty good words, Caitlin. I like "claptrap" best of all.

Look, I found some more: abracadabra, absurdity, amphigory, fandangle, flamdoodle, fiddle-faddle, flumadidle, folderol, malarkey, tomfoolery, trumpery, imbecility, and the french "niaiserie".

Even have one in Latin! Nugae canorae!

But, I am thinking that using something like----"Hey dude, don't think you gonna be pullin' a zeide erskine on me or I'll beat your sorry ***." ----might also be good.

Slraep

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a dang good thing I was cleaning house a little while my computer was down for this last 24 hours, I might have impaled myself on something when I fell on the floor laughing----:D :D :D

Pattye

Hi Caitlin,

As a designer, I find that the key to designing pearls is simplicity. When I design a dressy fun piece, i actually have to remind myself of a personal philosophy in streamline. Pearls are organic and i usually think of the "foundation lines" in the piece which i follow. My favorite is a bracelet i made utilizing forest green cfwp baroques. I used memory wire, going around in 3 loops and to finish, i looped the ends of the wires and then dressed them up in gold thread. To further jazz it up, i made 2 detachable pieces of nylon "horse tails" (4 strings of varying lengths on each) and glued white crystals, white coin pearls and white and light green fwp keishi on them. So they wear dangling on the length of the forearm if you have your elbows on the table and they flirtatiously dance as you walk...very very sexy to wear! As for your pearls, I love the simplicity of the green coins and the choice of length too. I also very much admire the silver clasps with the dented surface and smokey silver patina. Looks like pewter, wonderful!

As for the jargon, I believe i'm catching on. A few weeks back, it would have been lost on me. I do feel like a schmuck. Shouldn't some false descriptions and "made-up" inputs be deleted from the forum once and for all so that newbie idiots like me don't get more confused? I just find it kinda creepy that one would go to such lengths of deception to establish credentials to string people like me. I actually came to this forum because of the very thing that now creeps me out.

Hi Tacy
I have been deleting posts and editing misleading info from posts everytime I find one. I have done searches to get some of the worst, but now I just edit when I am reading an old thread.

Anyone one else finds fancy info that seems too good to be true, drop me a PM and I'll edit it. I am willing to keep the info based on Strack, especially if the thread needs it to make sense. That is accurate info.

Here is a good rule of thumb. Our Infamous Infiltrater usually spoke truth about pearl facts in general. When it comes to her own pearls and/or life, she can be vey misleading.

I am sorry you are creeped out, but learn from our blind acceptance. Listen to the little inner voice that says, "Is this B***s***t? If that little voice is speaking, it probably is hooey. Some of us had questions from the beginning, but overruled our own claptrap detecters because we wanted to hear about fairytale pearls. Now, the invasion has become like bermuda grass with 1500 entries- and getting rid of it is tedious work--rooting it out little by little.

Now I joke a lot about it, but it is way of laughing at myself for being so foolish- and we deserve feedback like yours......

BTW, Did I tell you I found some "Lop Noors" :p and ordered them? My collection of fairy tale pearls is nearing completion......

Back