HI, newbie here, pics too!

Mitsucats

Hi, I am new to this forum. I've loved Tahiti and Tahitian pearls ever since I can remember. My obsession with Tahiti probably started as a kid watching a certain show about a deserted island and a shipwrecked crew..:rolleyes:...anyhow! I have some pearl pictures uploaded...I"ll try and see if I can up load some pictures. Here is the stats...

Double "snowman" style earrings, one black Tahitian and one white pearl

A set of black pear shaped pearls, earrings and pendant, each with a 10pt diamond. The setting reminds me of a ships wheel I guess that's why I chose it!

A 7mm (?) tahitian pearl with a 10 pt diamond, I actually won this pendant from Birks, here in Canada. I was over the moon when they phoned me to tell me they picked my name from a box of entries!!! I have to take a picture of this one.

so, what do you think? Are the pear or teardrop shaped pearls really tahitians? I've always wondered....

Attachments

• IM000349.jpg
    IM000349.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IM000353.JPG
    IM000353.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IM000977.jpg
    IM000977.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 36
pics of my tahitian drop pendant

pics of my tahitian drop pendant

along with the blue akoyas I bought from PP, they look nice together!
:)

Attachments

• Photo 104.jpg
    Photo 104.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Photo 103.jpg
    Photo 103.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 41
All your pearls are so beautiful!!!!!! wonderful neck shot of your pendant and new akoyas!!! :D

Welcome, some pretty pearls! Thank you for sharing.

Welcome to our forum and thanks for posting. You wonder if some of the pearls are real Tahitians, in order to see this we would need some more detailed pics, close ups if possible. The black and white are perfectly round, which makes me a bit suspicious, the ones in your hand look definitely Tahitian, though!

Hi, I'll try to take some better pictures. My camera isn't the greatest, but I have a camera on my MAC. The black & white earrings I hope are Tahitians, as I specifically asked my jeweler for those...I paid a lot for them, $1000.00 CDN. Anyhow, I do love them, they are unique, no one else I know has a pair like that. The pears are really pretty too. Gotta run, but pics later! thanks for the warm welcome. I love the sea passionately, and so Pearls are a natural love too!

Gorgeous pieces.... like Inge, I would wonder about your snowman earrings without close up photos. They look great, though.
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the photos - especially the neck shots!

Back