HELP needed PLEASE!

Lani Going

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with the following?
I need a recommendation of a clean Hotel in Yiwu near the Trade/Economic Centre near Building 2 and 3.
i also need a hotel in Zhuji.
The best way to travel from Yiwu to Zhuji
From Zhuji to the CHINA PEARL AND JEWELLERY INTERNATIONAL CITY IN Shanxiahu town.
I would be most grateful for any info and or suggestions!
thank you in advance
Lani Going

Hi Lani,

Welcome to the forum. I hope someone has emailed you with information. I believe our forum members who were going to China left a few days before you posted, so may not be able to reply. Sorry I am not able to help. Good luck with your trip and shopping!

Hi Lani,

I haven't been to Yiwu - my trips to Zhuji and Shanxiahu have always been through Hangzhou, so can't help you with that part.

The last time i stayed in Zhuji I stayed at the New Century Hotel, which is all glitz and marble but very very little English spoken (my cherry danish for breakfast was labelled 'baked tomato' and kebab sticks 'close to flesh and bone'..). That was 18 months ago, so it has probably changed considerably, most places have some English speaking staff. Get a private driver or taxi to take you to Shanxiahu, but have your directions clearly written in Chinese for the driver (even if you do this before you get out to Zhuji) - concierge at any hotel in major cities China will be able to do this for you.

Hi Nerida,
Thank you so much for the info already given!! I know more now than i knew before! Had to giggle at your "baked tomatoe" danish for breakfast! :) Could you tell me a little more about the pearl market in Shanxiahu, i think they call it the "China Pearls and Jewellery International City". how did you find the quality and pricing of Freshwater Pearls? Would you know if it is much cheaper than at a "China Pearl & Gem City" for example in Weitang in Suzhou or even Shanghai? i have only bought in Shanghai before at the Pearl and Gem city. Also if you think of anything you could add to help me I would be most grateful! By the way, i live in Durban South Africa. Once again, thank you very much for your help!

Hi Pattye,
thank you for your reply and for welcoming me to the forum! Yes, thank you Nerida has replied and I'm bombarding her with questions! ;)

hi Lani,

i will pm you with my contact details, drop me a line and I will help if I can. Really consider going to Zhuji via Hangzhou - it really is a very beautiful place and well worth the trip. It is also a very easy train trip from Shanghai, provided you don't mind the chaos and strangeness of Shanghai's main railway station. It is a bit daunting, but so convenient! Shopping in Shanxiahu is completely different to the tourist markets in Shanghai - there are still many of the small vendors, but all the big pearl houses have their major processing facilities and offices in Shanxiahu. I haven't been for a while, but probably should sometime soon!

Nice to see a South African on the forum! Good luck (but not too much) in the rugby!

Back