Help me decide

oireachtas

I am trying to decide between these two strands as "dress pearls". Any advice or observations ladies? L.View attachment 39402

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 39
For "Dress" pearls, I say go for the bling! But the plain strand is great, too.

As you asked ... Dress pearls, go for the sparkle of the spacers. If you find you're not getting enough wear out of them later, visit the Lowly Beaders Forum here, and restring without the sparkle ... and restring with if the need arises :)

The top strand is definitely dressier and has this glamor look, but the bottom strand is more classic and elegant. Depend on the dress you will wear with the pearls, which look are you after? If I were you, I'd go without diamonds so the pearls can be worn more than just those special occasions, Do come back and share your pick!

I like the plain one better, too. The pearls look a hair better to me.

There's something about spacers that just interrupts the flow of the knots to me.

Plus, unless those diamonds have knockout sparkle, I find the tiny diamonds they use in spacers and clasps aren't worth the extra money.

If you can't decide, that means the spacers aren't knocking you out, either.

Last edited:
I must have posted on the day everything disappeared...I did post on this photo ! I prefer the plain one as I can only deal with so much bling in a strand. . . like maybe two lol But if you want impact then the top one for sure. For more wear ( tho again it's all personal style..I've got a friend who would wear bling with anything) I'd get the bottom one. Both are very pretty.

I like the one with the spacers...but then I do like bling. Here is my necklace with spacers, done as yours is at every third pearl. I am wearing this with a white blouse and jeans with a long tin cup layered outside of the blouse. image And here it is before I added the spacers IMG_2732.jpg

From JP's pictures, spacers do give the stand a more "dress up"look so I say go for the one with spacers.

My post also disappeared. I like the luster of the bottom, plain strand better.

The pearls look like they are around 7-7.5mm, and pearls this size can look great worn with an enhancer, for times when you want more bling.

JerseyPearl has the best of both worlds ... she can, and has, restrung her pearls with and without the diamond spacers, to suit her needs ... and not terribly hard to learn to do, although she does it SO well! So I say go for both :)

My post has also disappeared!

Re-cap:

I have both versions, both strands are gem quality CFWPs.

The one with diamond spacers is 18in 9-10mm, and I tend to wear it on special occasions only, and I tend to favour my white SSPs and Tahitians for special occasions.

The other strand is 8-9mm 18-20in plain one with a basket clasp, hence I can vary the length between 18in to 20in. This is the strand I wear with my formal tailored workwear.

Perhaps I should start wearing the 9-10mm with diamond spacers for work in order do it justice.

DK :)

Jersey Girl your strand is beautiful and the fact that you wear your diamond spacers with jeans has me rethinking this. I sent the strand with spacers back already and ordered a size up on the Hanadama's. The original was 8-8,5 and I reorder both White and Natural white in 8.5-9 to decide between those two. They arrived today and I'm right back where I started. Thought for sure I would like and look best in the Natural white but they may actually be too white. My heritage is Irish of the dark hair, blue eyed, fair skin variety., which I thought was more suited to the whiter white. Of course my hair is now salt and pepper, heavier on the salt (sigh) and my complexion a bit ruddier from growing up before we knew about sun screen! The necklaces don't look terribly different on me but I do think that the natural white earring looks very stark and almost unnaturally white. It may be the contrast to my hair. I had a strand of Mikimitos that had been my mother's but I suffered a jewelry loss. I think every woman needs a nice strand of pearls in her jewelry wardrobe, whether that be good quality faux up to top of the line (or those seriously power pearls that Hillary was wearing on Thursday!) Loved my lost pearls, but feel like I would just be overpaying for the name to replace with Mikimitos. I guess I'll ponder this for a few days and try them both with some different colored clothes.' Thanks for listening while I think out loud.

I was in a high end jewelry store this weekend and looked at their Mikimoto pearls. Their pearls are quite white now. Very different from the pinked Mikimoto necklace my mother bought 20 years ago.

I recently got a natural white Hamadama necklace from PP and it's quite white compared to all my other pearls. I got used to the white and absolutely love it. My hair is gold and silver now, but I'm sure it won't be long before it's bright white, too, and then the pearls will match perfectly.

Everyone is different in their approach...for me, I prefer a little color closer to the face on the neckline and ears. If I wear white pearls, then I want them to be bold and make a big statement, either by size or with bling. While a simple strand of white pearls are a classic, I find for me...and I'm almost 55...those look better on my daughter's swan like necks...I need a bit more distraction.

JerseyPearl, your grey pearls with spacers are truly beautiful!
Personnally I always wear some bling with jeans :)

Back