GSSP Harvest Strands, take two!

Yes, there are blends, but I have never sewn with one. If I have any lying around, I will definitely wash it first! Purple is good, but with my lighter gold, I am thinking sage might be a good color.

Congratulations on getting your beautiful new pearls Linda and GG! Just gorgeous :)

Gorgeous strands, ladies and they suite you both well! I confess I saw Blaire's post on facebook and clicked on her link to PP and there was only one strand left. It was 72 inches and way too long (heavy) for me. boohooo... I need to stalk these pages more often.

Beautiful strands!!! Hoping to see them in person -along with their owners- at the ruckus.

Your new strands look gorgeous on you ladies!

Cynde and I met for happy hour recently, and she suggested a white linen day at the Ruckus. Sadly, white is not my color. I'll have to stick with wearing my goldens with black, blue or red.

Your new strands look gorgeous on you ladies!

Cynde and I met for happy hour recently, and she suggested a white linen day at the Ruckus. Sadly, white is not my color. I'll have to stick with wearing my goldens with black, blue or red.

I'm right there with you as far as white goes...but purple with the goldens has definitely inspired me!

Have been wearing my goldens (just my plain old ones) with purple, royal blue, emerald green and black. :)

"just my plain old" goldens.... LOL! How many people even own golden south sea pearls? I have a lot of colors I am going to have to try now. Purple seems like the richest choice.

NOTHING plain nor old about those luscious golden strands you have Marianne ... I remember being stunned speechless when I saw those, mumbling and grabbing Walter's arm, whispering "LOOK, LOOK look!!!" Maybe he was listening after all lol :) I likely wouldn't wear white linen again; it was an accident last year ... new colors beckon ...

I do love the ones I wore them with purple every Friday throughout football season. I think it brought my alma mater good luck.. until the final bowl game :eek:

linda - your pearls are so pretty and look amazing with that purple. I love purple too !!

Blaire... good grief that's an enormous rope !!! Or...you are 3 ft tall..... hmmmm I'm going to go with the rope is very long. And tripled...it's marvellous !!! And my kind of big pearls !! When I do a rope like that my littlest pearl is 10mm and then up to 17mm ... bit shorter though ... lol... just a bit...

What are the details.. the sizes...there are some whoppers!

Gorgeous strands, ladies and they suite you both well! I confess I saw Blaire's post on facebook and clicked on her link to PP and there was only one strand left. It was 72 inches and way too long (heavy) for me. boohooo... I need to stalk these pages more often.

You can sign up for the PP newsletter. Then you will get warnings :)

I am five feet, one inch. Short woman with very long pearls! Not quite to my knees! I am fascinated by the pearl matching across the strand, so I would like that to be evident. Best is doubled so both sides line up. The two end pearls are begging for an enhancer pendant to perch between them.
The pearls range from eight to fourteen millimeters.

Last edited:
Back