Green Pearl Brands

...I'm not interested in looking for bargains or the cheapest deal in this case. Maybe this is why I'll never be a good business person, but I like being able to tell people where my Tahitians come from and the kind of farm Josh is running. I'm sure it would be easier for him to do it the other way, just like it might be cheaper for me, but I guess I really do believe that one person can make a difference, especially if there are a lot of our one persons. It's only 7 a.m. here, and I'm waxing philosiphical already.

In thorough agreement with you, Sheryl. An ethical conscience is futile without the action, and while there may be plenty of businesses out there who feel strongly about the green element of pearl farming, their numbers are irrelevant if nothing culminates from their supposed stance.

We believe that the best way for us to communicate (and validate) our commitment to 'being green' is to actually do something about it. But, as Heidi mentioned, the geographical restrictions on pearl production and the long distance transportation does not make this arm of the industry 'green' strictly speaking; however, that does not limit the potential to make a strong, action-led ethical message. We started working with the Carbon Neutral Company in 2009 by helping fund green energy projects, and through the CNC we supported the development of a hydro-electric plant which produces free energy for the developing areas near to where our Freshwaters are grown.

Not every retailer is interested in our commitment to green, and not every customer understands its relevance, but ultimately, nothing feels quite as amazing as knowing that our ethical stance is more than just a label, and that all the efforts of green brands combined will eventually merge to create a sustained effect.

That's real R.O.I. for you. :D

http://www.jerseypearl.com/

Hi Jersey Pearl.
Welcome. I love your designs. I love those ritzy earrings!!!! It's been awhile since I have seen such a nice collection of pearls in an online store. To know they are green, as well, is GREAT!

We'd be so proud if you'd link back to us from your pages! It will also give you a "follow" attribute which, I hear, can drive more traffic to you.

I love that carbon neutral certificate. Would you mind explaining it? Is it English only?

Last edited:
Back