Graduated Keishi's?

mausketeer

What is everyone's best guess on these? They are 1-4mm, only about 10 inches in length (being sold as a broken necklace for repair). I'm guessing keishi Akoyas but they are graduated, which is throwing me off a bit......

- Jodie -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 25
That is odd. It looks like the bigger pearls were added later. The bigger ones look like freshwater pearls to me. Hard to see the small ones on my cell phone. :)

Looks like they're on a wire rather than string of any sort....... maybe someone was collecting them? Yes, there does seem to be a definite difference between the large and small pearls, aren't there? Colour is white in the larger ones, cream in the smaller ones...... hmmm......

There does seem to be a pronounced color difference between the two- it looks like vintage Akoya mixed with newer FW to me. Maybe a project was stopped and started again?

Hi Jodie, The big ones look like keshi but the smaller ones appear to be Arabian Gulf (Basra) pearls. I would bet on it. The Gulf pearls not the keshi, but if they are keshi they don't look like Japanese keshi. Maybe freshwater keshi.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 Natural pearl collector & seller. And all round pearl lover.

Back