gold-green SS

not easy to take a picture of my own hand...

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5741.jpg

Ok, I'm very impressed, and I'm totally sold on big pearls in a ring! Nicely photographed, way to go!

I'm still not sure why folks think pearls are fragile...admittedly, the ones I wear on my wrist are CFW, but they get no special gentle treatment and are holding up really well. Perhaps the bead nucleated pearls are more vulnerable to chipping?

Have you folks with the big pearl rings ever given us updates on how they're wearing? Are they holding up well?

Last edited:
You must have one of the most seriously fabulous pearl collections ever!!!! and that greeny gold one is one of the most singular pearls I have ever "seen" It reminds me of a fairy painting by John Grimshaw called "Spirit of the Night" Sorry the colors are not a bright as they should be.
Favim.com-15312.jpg

What a sweet painting...... Love the softness and dreemness of it... Love the tones of green.
Thank you Caitlin for showing it. Made me all worm and fuzzy....

Ivona! Yours photos always make me happy! Green my favorite in pearls! Beautiful pearls but Yours hands even better then pearls!

Thanks for the fairy, Caitlin!

Ivona, you have lovely hands...now, as for kissing the ring...wouldn't you rather offer to let me try it on? ;-)

You are welcome. This is one of my favorite Victorian paintings of fairies (I must have a thousand fairy pix in my collection.) I want to call the greeny gold pearl, "Spirit of the Night" after that painting. It is a dreamy pearl!

And, it looks a whole lot better on your hand than it would on mine.

Way Cool :), what a generous woman! I promise I won't bolt with it.

I am unofficially stating that your pearl is officially one of the best seen ever in pearl guide.

WoW, nice pearls !
Thats quality for sure ;)

I'm late to the discussion. But Ivona, you already know how I feel about the pearl ;)

Have to say the mounting is equally gorgeous, ring looks so stunning on your finger. Thank you for this thread, I'm glad that the pearl can be appreciated by others :)

Green overtone is my favourite, either on gold SS or on black Tahiti... green is the best ! yeah. Yours is absolutly fabulous.

That is a serious pearl! It's gorgeous, I would treasure it forever!

Back