gold-green SS

Caitlin, love the painting! Matches the pearl beautifully. A mermaids tail would go nicely too!

I know, this is an older thread, but I actually never looked into the SSP pearls. I just opened the first post and literally had to gasp. What an astonishing pearl. Absolutely beautiful. Such a unique statement piece.

This is one of my favorite threads in Pearl-Guide. I now stalk Perlinda's web site looking for green SS pearls. Congratulations, Ivona, on a beautiful pearl and a wonderful ring.

Dizzie, you should look more into SS pearls, their beauty might not be as mysterious as Tahitian pearls, but they can be enchanting as well :D

Thank you Red, I'll keep an eye on green-gold SSP for you :)

Last edited:
Indah, I check your etsy page daily with my morning coffee ;) to drool over those gorgeous pearls. I am afraid it is only a question of time until I cannot withstand longer

This thread has a loooooong life. Makes me happy, since the pearl that started it is worth noticing. I love it.

I'm a stalker of Inger's Etsy store too. LoL.
I have from her also two white and two gold SS. White ones had a thread somewhere here too. Gold ones are still not made into earrings. I still did not find findings that inspire me.

You sell good pearls, Inger, and you make sure that the buyer knows exactly what she/he will receive. Never disappointed, always amazed.... :)

Inger = Perlinda from this forum. She is very active lately....

Hi. This is my first post on this forum though I have been quietly reading the posts for the past few months. Just wanted to share some photos of a green champagne SSP which I bought from perlinda recently. I must admit I too was drooling +++ when I saw ivona's ring. When I chanced upon a green gold SSP on perlinda's site, I had to get that. (confession- I visit her site almost daily to gawk at the pearls ;) ).
Mine is about 13mm in diameter. And after seeing her pearls, I have since changed my misconception that ssp are only boring whiteor different shades of gold.
Pics coming up in next post.

2013-03-09 11.51.46-1.jpg2013-03-09 10.26.40-1.jpg

2013-03-09 10.07.38-1.jpg
The ring was custom made by perlinda's jeweller.
In the pic with two other pearl strands, the strands are 8.0~8.5 white metallic fwp and 7.5-8.0 natural golden akoyas from PP.

2013-03-09 15.42.55.jpg
Sorry, lastpic comparing with the other strands was missing. Pic was poorly taken and the green overtone is not as obvious.

Pattye:
Thank you for your kind comments.
I am so glad I found this forum as it allows me to re-indulge in my love of pearls with like-minded people. I know so few people who truly appreciate pearls.
I used to purchase my pearls from a local B&M pearl shop until a few years ago when the prices escalated through the roof. Once I started to buy my pearls from the online shops, I have not looked back (maybe occasionally to drool at the unaffordable pearls at the B&M shop :eek:) The only "issue" I have when buying online is Tahitian pearls - somehow, it is very difficult to visualise the overtones and orients on photos and sometimes, the pearls can look unexpectedly better or blah in real life.

Perlinda, those were a great finds. ;)
Ivona and Elisha, those are beautiful rings you've got

Elisha The only "issue" I have when buying online is Tahitian pearls - somehow said:
Actually when I am reading this... Would not it be a good idea to have a new thread (may be even sticky) where people could put there purchases from different vendors and the real-life photos of those. There are a lot of photos like that spread around, but it might help to have them together.
Cailin - would it be helpful to the crowd here?

Back