Giant South Sea Baroques

Ladies, thanks for your kind words.

The SSP pendant is from eBay Shop GemstonesPlusPearls, and they currently have similar listings.

DK :)

One of the biggest ones we ever found, 33+ mm and over 12grams, what a lovely piece, if i remember correctly it went to a forum member here, i would love to hear what she made out of 'her' ;0!

I'm the one who got the monster...in fact, took it to show off at the last ruckus. Haven't yet done anything with that one, but here's a photo of a somewhat smaller (but still enormous) silvery monster that I made into a pendant - nice that I didn't have to drill it for this setting.

Sheri

Attachments

• monster pearl claw pendant.jpg
    monster pearl claw pendant.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 35
Thanks to Sven's help and advice, I have now started my "Wilma Flintstone" baroque SSP necklace project, and purchased my first pearl for it!

I hope I shall have sufficient fund to purchase enough pearls for a 18in necklace in time for my 50th Birthday in Feb 2015.

Wish me luck!

DK :cool:

Photo! Let's see this project from the very beginning!!
Okey dokey, I shall start a new thread for this necklace, and post the pic of the first pearl I have purchased.

I can also post pics of the clasp I am likely to be using too.

Hi DKAN! Is he going to keep them all together at his place do he can color-match? Are you going for non-color-match, like a Smorgasbord?

Hi Sheri! There you go again, that's another WOW Factor item. Truly special.

Last edited:
eek - just seen the SSP necklace !! (and the bug - which bless it's little cotton socks, didn't get sold after all :) )

will follow the new thread !!

The bug is for keep, and I too am glad it did not sell, as it is very cute.

Just need to find a suitable 1mm+ white gold chain with a small enough loop to go through the integral bale, and it is proving to be very difficult!

Back